Apartment living theater - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

6Likes

post #11 of 20 Old 07-20-16, 11:50 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System
Re: Apartment living theater

Sorry, I looked them up last night...sold them for $900. Which was a great price! That is not a very common speaker, unusual to have two members with them posting within a couple of days of each other. I would love to hear them as I love horns!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 07-20-16, 12:29 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Sorry, I looked them up last night...sold them for $900. Which was a great price! That is not a very common speaker, unusual to have two members with them posting within a couple of days of each other. I would love to hear them as I love horns!
I'm with you... I am a horn lover too!

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #13 of 20 Old 07-20-16, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Cristian T.

Quote:
Tonto wrote: View Post
Thanks anyway!

Can tell you they are amazing speakers...that's why thinking buying another 2 or 3....for center channel also.
On music i only listen to them in stereo + the subwoofer (no 5.1 here....the other speakers can't match them); perfect sound stage, separation, detail and very very surprisingly warm sounded for a horn-loaded metallic tweeter.
I can listen them for hours without any ear fatigue whatsoever. In contrast I listen at a demo an 50k$ Focal Scala Utopia with Beryllium tweeters and after 45 min my ears where bleeding.

The 530 are perfect for live music, jazz, vocal, soul and also new electronic stuff.
Without the subwoofer the low frequency response is just perfect for 5 1/4" mid-bass driver! The cabinet are rock solid, no resonance no noise no nothing; the horns are impressive looking and in general all my friends in visit are hypnotize by the look and sound.
Jbl managed to obtain a perfect speaker series at a great price....to bad they stop produce them, cant understand why?!
One thing is certain for me....only horn speakers from now on!

Cristian

post #14 of 20 Old 07-20-16, 07:24 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Crisss22 wrote: View Post
Thanks anyway!

Can tell you they are amazing speakers...that's why thinking buying another 2 or 3....for center channel also.
On music i only listen to them in stereo + the subwoofer (no 5.1 here....the other speakers can't match them); perfect sound stage, separation, detail and very very surprisingly warm sounded for a horn-loaded metallic tweeter.
I can listen them for hours without any ear fatigue whatsoever. In contrast I listen at a demo an 50k$ Focal Scala Utopia with Beryllium tweeters and after 45 min my ears where bleeding.

The 530 are perfect for live music, jazz, vocal, soul and also new electronic stuff.
Without the subwoofer the low frequency response is just perfect for 5 1/4" mid-bass driver! The cabinet are rock solid, no resonance no noise no nothing; the horns are impressive looking and in general all my friends in visit are hypnotize by the look and sound.
Jbl managed to obtain a perfect speaker series at a great price....to bad they stop produce them, cant understand why?!
One thing is certain for me....only horn speakers from now on!
I agree horn speakers are excellent when setup properly....I can listen all day without ear fatigue. I am surprised you made it 45 minutes listening to the Focal... I can't last more than a song with Focals without my ears hurting.

Ron

My Home Theater
BenQ MH741 Projector, Yamaha CX-A5100, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus Mini, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet,Yamaha P7000s, Oppo UDP-203

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DIY 14 channel IcePower amp coming soon.
post #15 of 20 Old 07-25-16, 08:01 AM
Shackster

Zoran

My System

Very elegant, Christian.

Looks like female touch was very present in this setup?

Cheers from Australia
Zoran
post #16 of 20 Old 07-26-16, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Cristian T.

Quote:
AU26 wrote: View Post
Very elegant, Christian.

Looks like female touch was very present in this setup?

Cheers from Australia
Zoran
Thanks Zoran!

The female touch is only present in the furniture design and the pillows(a girl architect helped me out) but only following my request
Everything else is my own creations, excepting my girlfriend’s candles from the picture.

Cristian
post #17 of 20 Old 07-26-16, 09:34 PM
Shackster

Zoran

My System

And she knows that candles can act as sound amplifier (on micro scale).
I was 100% sure that this work is not finished without female's influence and in your case there were 2 females involved.
Consider yourself lucky.

Cheers
Zoran
Crisss22 likes this.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-25-17, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Cristian T.

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while since my last post here and I did some modifications to my system.
New set of speakers, Jbl studio 2 front LCR + surrounds and height, a second SVS SB 2000, a new receiver Marantz SR6010 and finally an Outlaw 7700 power amplifier.
Now I can really say that dual subs make a huge difference and also audyssey XT32 is doing a perfect job with the low frequency!
The old studio 530 speakers are now doing stereo music only, this is where they are absolutely amazing and a few speakers can match them.

All the best!
Attached Thumbnails
Apartment living theater-16326376_10208112138742733_962700178_o.jpg  

Cristian
post #19 of 20 Old 01-25-17, 09:01 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System

Wow, if that's what Romanian HT looks like, I want one! Are those custom acoustic panels on the back wall?

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am

post #20 of 20 Old 01-25-17, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Cristian T.

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Wow, if that's what Romanian HT looks like, I want one! Are those custom acoustic panels on the back wall?
Thanks Lumen!
Working at this for couple of years now.
Yes, are acoustic panels. Started as normal painting's, and now are canvas frame with acoustic transparent pictures fabric, filled with acoustic absorbant material. Planing on increasing the thickness in the future. But as they are i get a very good frequency response in the room.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Cristian