my revised theater - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

6Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 08-20-16, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

my revised theater

hi all, i used to be 85ramchargerse but that was long ago and the account was deleted, original post is on bottom of page 3 here in finished rooms

anyways a crackhead ran her car into my house, and the theater and master bedroom were destroyed, i was insured , it sucked but we made it thru it ,with a mostly new setup and a whole new look to the room . after a crackhead runs into your house, you find out its not that uncommon! at least not in florida . but there are a special kinda stupid people down here!

128" screen
42" sony smart tv
32" insignia 720 tv for security system
zomodo 8 ch securty system
onkyo 7.2 hdmi a/v receiver
optima 1080 projector
xbox one w/ kinect
playstation 3
xbox 360 with hd dvd and kinect
sony blu ray player
hp computer
fios cable and internet
cerwin vega d-9s ( 15s )and cerwin vega re series ( 10s )(switch back and forth)
cerwin vega center
sony side surrounds and yamahas (switch back and forth)
infiniti il-60 rears and polk audio book shelves too (again switch back and forth)
3 sony subs
and the two il-60 subs too

and now there's a re bar reinforced 5 foot wall in front, not gonna happen again, and the theater is never truly finished, i'll come up with something more to add tomorrow , i'm sure
Attached Thumbnails
my revised theater-theater-main-2.jpg  

my revised theater-theater-main-3.jpg  

my revised theater-equip-stack.jpg  

my revised theater-movie-wall.jpg  

my revised theater-rear.jpg  

tripplej likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-21-16, 09:45 AM
Elite Shackster

Re: my revised theater

Thanks for sharing. Very nice setup. I see a lot of speakers there. Must sound very nice. I understand why you have the security camera tv on the side but is it on when you watch movies? If so, do you ignore it when watching movies on the big screen?

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-21-16, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

hi tripplej, thank you. yes both tvs are on swing arms and can be turned off and pushed back flat to the wall, however there are motion sensors all around house, and monitors in every room for the security system, and when the main one is off the dining room/kitchen one is still visible from the theater room. i have a red light that flashes to draw attention when main monitor is off for movie viewing. also the sony tv can either run with the big screen or independantly. the insigina is dedicated to the security cameras only for now, and yes i love speakers, i buy every set of vega's i come across, and most others too!
tripplej likes this.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-22-16, 09:25 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Great looking setup!

WOW!
post #5 of 12 Old 08-22-16, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

there's a pic with some light, guess it would have been smart to put it first. and also i'd like to say i didn't build a home theater room, i did the whole house,2 other rooms have a 60" tv ( 1 plasma- den and 1 lcd - bedroom) plus each has its own dedicated stereo system and its own security monitors, computer ,and bluray/netflix players, kitchen has a 22" ,back porch has a 57" old school rear projection, and pool area and garage each has a 32" vizio, all can run independently or show what the big screen is showing, and i still have the projector from before the accident, that we take out and project onto the 2 car garage door and play forza horizon 2 , probably not the smartest idea after what happened, but oh well , i'm also a car collector and wanna tie the two things together, by building my own drive-in, in the the backyard with a 200+ inch screen, but that requires a big concrete pad for the cars to sit on. oh well , next years project!
Attached Thumbnails
my revised theater-new-theater.jpg  

tripplej likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-22-16, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

here's the den

60" LG plasma
Sony 7.2 hdmi receiver
Sony 5.1 stereo that runs the pool area system
Panasonic bluray player
pioneer laser disc player
lenovo computer
PlayStations 1 and 2
Sega Saturn and dreamcast
Panasonic 3d0
Nintendo game cube and wii
phillips cd-i
xbox
all speakers in room are Advents except subs and they are a klipsch and a jvc

i even have the sales brochure for the advent speakers

and in the far corner the games , laser discs, and over flow dvd's
Attached Thumbnails
my revised theater-den.jpg  

Todd Anderson and tripplej like this.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-23-16, 10:54 AM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
78Cutlass442 wrote: View Post
here's the den

60" LG plasma
Sony 7.2 hdmi receiver
Sony 5.1 stereo that runs the pool area system
Panasonic bluray player
pioneer laser disc player
lenovo computer
PlayStations 1 and 2
Sega Saturn and dreamcast
Panasonic 3d0
Nintendo game cube and wii
phillips cd-i
xbox
all speakers in room are Advents except subs and they are a klipsch and a jvc

i even have the sales brochure for the advent speakers

and in the far corner the games , laser discs, and over flow dvd's

Whoa... that's quite a collection of music and games!
post #8 of 12 Old 08-23-16, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Has anyone here done a drive-in style, or even just an extremely large outdoor setup, looking for something i can have about 5 cars in front of, i've seen the 201" porsche tv on youtube, but i don't even wanna know how much that costs, wondering what kind of issues i will encounter, or even if i'm the only nut case that would want such a thing.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-23-16, 02:16 PM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System

Interesting idea... there are large outdoor screen options such as Stealth Acoustics. I'm sure you could find an outdoor screen/projector option. Finding a suitable outdoor projector might be your toughest task.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-23-16, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

hi todd, thanks for the info, I'm looking at doing a 5 bay garage behind the house with frameless doors and the projector being mounted to the ceiling of the garage, projecting onto the back of the house, where the screen would have some protection. hurricanes and wind storms are pretty much my only issues as it does not freeze here, and the garage will be climate controlled when closed up, my biggest issue is the sound system as i kinda want it to Bluetooth to each cars system but, i would really like the 60's look with the speaker that u hung on the window. i guess design is my biggest problem, i know what i want , and yet have no idea what it is. i can find ridiculously expensive setups online and property brothers did one in an episode of their house, but i don't see many middle ground systems , its either a $200k tv or drag the 32" vizio out there