It's alive!!! - Page 11 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #101 of 194 Old 10-02-13, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: It's alive!!!

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
That looks great there - bet you had no WAF issues!
Yeah, not a single complaint from my wife. I guess the fact this is her system is helping a bit, plus I added a dedicated printer to her office.

The most important thing was that at the end, she made the comment that her system sounds pretty cool!

So, mission accomplished and I won some extra points!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 194 Old 10-02-13, 08:30 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Okay, I have a question. What, exactly, is it? The smaller box looks like a Denon DR-AN5. I haven't even a guess about the larger box. Hmm, is that the printer you mentioned getting her? A Canon something, isn't it?

Do I see a Chocolate Lab or an Irish Setter or...?

Nosey, aren't I?

BTW, points are good.

Last edited by kevin360; 10-02-13 at 09:37 PM. Reason: hazarding a guess
post #103 of 194 Old 10-03-13, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

All your questions will be answered!!!

Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
Okay, I have a question. What, exactly, is it? The smaller box looks like a Denon DR-AN5.
Bingo, it is the Denon DRA-N5!

Quote:
I haven't even a guess about the larger box. Hmm, is that the printer you mentioned getting her? A Canon something, isn't it?
Yes, it is a Canon PIXMA MG6320

Quote:
Do I see a Chocolate Lab or an Irish Setter or...?
Good eye! Yes, she is a Chocolate Lab and her name is Suki. And, she was supervising me during the whole installation...........LOL

Quote:
Nosey, aren't I?
Not at all.......

Quote:
BTW, points are good.
Yes, they are good indeed. Man, but they expire fairly quickly.........

post #104 of 194 Old 10-03-13, 12:11 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Stupid me; I didn't have to figure it out. You posted that information in an earlier comment. When I saw the photos, I was just thinking stereo - the printer threw me. Then I started looking at network media players and found that Denon unit - looks interesting. I have a couple of Sonos units in bedrooms and a Bryston BDP-1 in the big system. That Denon would have been perfect for the living room, although my wife has grown fond of the sound bar. Anyway, what do you think of the DRA-N5? 65W @ 4Ω seems about right for those little Polks, especially with the help of the sub - neat system.

Labs are great dogs.

Yeah, those points seem not only to be a lot harder to accumulate than they are to expend, but they also seem to get forgotten fairly quickly. My wife is pretty cool, though - she even suggested that it was time for me to build a dedicated room a few years ago (something about passing 50).
post #105 of 194 Old 10-03-13, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

No worries man!

About the Denon, well it is just what I needed for my wife. I mean, she is able to stream music from her Android phone without problems - using Skifta. She loves Pandora, and the Denon plays her stations flawlessly (after setting her account in the unit). Also, she can control the unit using the Denon app.

Also, the unit can access and play all music tracks and videos in our network - yeah, as expected you cannot watch the videos on the tiny screen on the unit, but the Denon is able to reproduce the sound from the video. So, it is really cool to be able to "listen" my favorites music videos in this 2.1 system.

So far no issues with the power supplied to the Polk RTiA3's (she will never play them loud anyway), but the soon is really good (yeah, it is me the one pushing the system a bit more........LOL). Of course, the fact the SVS SB-1000 is taking care of the bass is making a huge difference. I intentionally purchased a sealed subwoofer as this system is going to be 100% dedicated to listen music. And this combo is just working pretty cool.

Hopefully, in few more weeks the break in period will be over (speakers and subwoofers) and the sound should improve even more (I do believe on that - drivers have moving parts).

Yeah, Suki is an amazing dog, she loves to be around people, she is very friendly and it is the joy of our house.

You got that right, and I better think quickly on how to use the points earned before they expire......LOL!
post #106 of 194 Old 10-03-13, 08:35 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Thanks. if you'll tolerate just one more question, I am curious about how the DRA-N5 handles transitions between files. Specifically, if an album segues from track to track, does that player reproduce the album seamlessly? I was briefly the owner of a Marantz NA7004 shortly after it was introduced. I ceased to own it after discovering that it transitioned with a break between files, which is a deal breaker for me. What shocked me was the attitude of the tech support person to whom I spoke about the issue. He did assure me that it wasn't a defect and it was not subject to be fixed in a future firmware release. Marantz and Denon are pretty much the same thing these days. Somehow, I suspect the engineering department realized their mistake and subsequent products can manage what my computer has been doing for years. It can't replace the playing of those silver disks unless it can play albums accordingly.
post #107 of 194 Old 10-23-13, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Thanks. if you'll tolerate just one more question, I am curious about how the DRA-N5 handles transitions between files. Specifically, if an album segues from track to track, does that player reproduce the album seamlessly? I was briefly the owner of a Marantz NA7004 shortly after it was introduced. I ceased to own it after discovering that it transitioned with a break between files, which is a deal breaker for me. What shocked me was the attitude of the tech support person to whom I spoke about the issue. He did assure me that it wasn't a defect and it was not subject to be fixed in a future firmware release. Marantz and Denon are pretty much the same thing these days. Somehow, I suspect the engineering department realized their mistake and subsequent products can manage what my computer has been doing for years. It can't replace the playing of those silver disks unless it can play albums accordingly.
Hi Kevin, I'm really sorry I didn't answer your post until today. Let me check if I have an album at home that I can use to test it. I can't think of one at this moment. But, I'll keep you posted on that.
post #108 of 194 Old 10-23-13, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Finally!!!!

post #109 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 07:43 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Those look great! what material are they wrapped in and what is the additional material on top? Is all of it glued in place? Looking forward to seeing them installed.
post #110 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 09:11 AM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
cr136124 wrote: View Post
Hi Kevin, I'm really sorry I didn't answer your post until today. Let me check if I have an album at home that I can use to test it. I can't think of one at this moment. But, I'll keep you posted on that.
Don't sweat it - no need for an apology. I'm curious, but it's certainly not urgent.

You did a nice job on your suede covered fiberglass treatments. They look great!