It's alive!!! - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #111 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: It's alive!!!

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
Those look great! what material are they wrapped in and what is the additional material on top? Is all of it glued in place? Looking forward to seeing them installed.
Thanks! The first wrap (white) was done with a cheap fabric purchased at Walmart. I then finished up with vintage suede (see link below). All fabrics were attached to the frames using a stapler purchased at HomeDepot.

All treatments have been installed and I'll be posting pics in few minutes.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/ct-720/vintage-suede-brick

Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
Don't sweat it - no need for an apology. I'm curious, but it's certainly not urgent.

You did a nice job on your suede covered fiberglass treatments. They look great!
Thanks Kevin! Yeah, the suede gives them a really nice look and feel. They are actually like a decoration to the room while helping me to reduce reflections from the walls.

It seems you are familiar with the materials. Have you built acoustic treatments yourself? Share some pics man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Pics!!!!!

post #113 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 06:46 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
The room treatments look great. As the rest of the room as well.

post #114 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Thanks for your kind words Mr. B!
post #115 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 08:10 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

I keep thinking about building a pair of wooden skyline diffusers, but they're in line behind a bunch of other stuff at present. The room treatments I have were all purchased (lazy old fella). I have posted some photos - in the 'Kevin's Man Cave' thread (down the page a bit). It's not a very formal room, but it's fairly spacious. In all fairness, the primary focus was on stereo, but it doubles as a pretty good HT rig. There are some better system shots in the 2 Channel Picture Gallery (pg. 9). The rack is a DIY job (I'm really not that lazy).

Anyway, I figured you were up to reducing the reflections off the pretty close rear and left walls. Those panels not only look nice, but they should really clear/open things up.
post #116 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Thanks Kevin!

I just visited your thread, pretty cool room you have there.........congrats!

Yeah, the panels dramatically improved the sound at my room. There is a significant adjustment made by Audyssey while calibrating my speakers with the new panels, but the most dramatic change has been on my center channel..........wow. Before, I had to increase the level on the center by 2 or 3 dB and still that wasn't enough.

Now, I don't have to touch anything (other than switching the fronts from full to small) and then adjust the crossovers as Audyssey is setting my fronts, center and surrounds at 40 Hz. But, other than the center is now shining as well as my subwoofers.

The funny thing (if we can called that way) is that I made the frames at least 3 months ago, and then I didn't find the time to finish this project until this past weekend......yeah, talking about lazy........
post #117 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 09:29 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

That's really good news.

Hey, life happens. If that weren't enough, sometimes we just 'waste' time enjoying what we already have. You knew you needed them, but you got things sounding good and that's enough to enjoy, which is why you went to all of the trouble in the first place. That nagging voice in your head about what you hadn't finished yet finally drove you to the garage to put it all together. You probably did a cleaner job than you would have if you hadn't waited until the mood hit you hard enough.

A good procrastinator knows how to rationalize. I tend to have two speeds - inert and frantic.
post #118 of 194 Old 10-24-13, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

^^^

That last phrase............you just described me...........LOL!
post #119 of 194 Old 10-25-13, 08:31 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Those look great on the walls. Have you done any before and after measurements using something like REW to see how much of a difference they made?
post #120 of 194 Old 10-29-13, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
Those look great on the walls. Have you done any before and after measurements using something like REW to see how much of a difference they made?
Thanks man!

About your question on measurements, I didn't have the time to do that just yet. But, I'll try to do it in the near future.