It's alive!!! - Page 17 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #161 of 194 Old 01-09-14, 10:20 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: It's alive!!!

So i must say i kinda laughed when you said you bought new Polk RTIA9's to change the color.
I had looked at your setup previously and then when i caught back up with the revisions to the room you had done, I kinda scratched my head and had to go back and look at what you had before. It was like a magic trick switch out. I was like it looks like the same speakers he had before but somethings differant here...

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

^^^

LOL.......the black finish is really nice on the A9's, but there is something really special on the cherry finish that caught your eye. Very sleek and attractive look with the grills on, but as soon I have a chance I remove the grills to expose all the drivers............no small kids at home and the dog is not allow to visit me downstairs..............so all is good!
post #163 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 02:25 PM
Banned!

No, no new toys yet...you boys would be the first to know...

I definitely want an SVS sub and larger display, for sure.

As for the cherry color of the Polks -- I know exactly what you mean. The cherry finish is really rich and beautiful -- in a totally different league IMO compared to the "black oak." I would have loved the RTi12s in cherry because they would have matched our wall unit's finish that they flank, but when I got these on stock closeout from Fry's I believe they only had black oak left -- plus, our CSi30 existing center channel was already black, so...

post #164 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Well, in some cases you just need to take advantage of the opportunities life puts in front of you. I bet you had a big smile in your face when you paid a closeout price on the RTi 12's rather that full price. So, compromise is acceptable in situations like this.

Bottom line performance wise, RTi 12's and RTi A9's do share the same components - other than the cabinet.

Hopefully, you will have the chance to add the sub and larger screen.........sooner than later!

In my case, saving pennies to buy a sub for my two channel system........I have 6 cents in total so far......so, I'm almost there...........LOL!
post #165 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 04:54 PM
Banned!

Quote:
cr136124 wrote: View Post
Well, in some cases you just need to take advantage of the opportunities life puts in front of you. I bet you had a big smile in your face when you paid a closeout price on the RTi 12's rather that full price. So, compromise is acceptable in situations like this.
Indeed, cr -- there was no way we'd be able to afford the 12's when they were a brand new line or weren't on some kind of closeout deal; we would probably have to settle for 8's or 10's, if available, or look to the entry-level A series. The thing with that was when we went to Fry's to look at speakers, they had the new RTiA's but the entry level models were MORE expensive than what they were asking for with regard to the 12's they had as model closeouts -- how could we NOT have went with the top-of-the-line RTi's at that point? My train of thought was, no matter what kind of power we add down the road, these speakers will be able to handle it, so it's a long-term investment (assuming idiotic movers don't somehow break the things if/when we move to the next house )...

Quote:
In my case, saving pennies to buy a sub for my two channel system........I have 6 cents in total so far......so, I'm almost there...........LOL!
In MY case, I already have a plan in that regard -- once I get the new SVS (or whatever) sub, I'm going to move the current Polk PSW350 to the two channel setup...
post #166 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 07:14 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:

I have a six sense that you will get one sooner than later...

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #167 of 194 Old 01-10-14, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Indeed, cr -- there was no way we'd be able to afford the 12's when they were a brand new line or weren't on some kind of closeout deal; we would probably have to settle for 8's or 10's, if available, or look to the entry-level A series. The thing with that was when we went to Fry's to look at speakers, they had the new RTiA's but the entry level models were MORE expensive than what they were asking for with regard to the 12's they had as model closeouts -- how could we NOT have went with the top-of-the-line RTi's at that point? My train of thought was, no matter what kind of power we add down the road, these speakers will be able to handle it, so it's a long-term investment (assuming idiotic movers don't somehow break the things if/when we move to the next house )...
That's exactly that I was referring! How in the world you are going to miss a deal like that. Yeah, you gave up a bit on the finish, but that was an incredible deal you got there.

Future proof speakers (sound/power wise), full warranty, top of the line speakers, no wait and a price that you can keep the wife happy!

Don't talk about movers, I moved 3 years ago and I don't want to move ever!!!

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
In MY case, I already have a plan in that regard -- once I get the new SVS (or whatever) sub, I'm going to move the current Polk PSW350 to the two channel setup...

Recycling...........yeah, let's save the world!!!

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post

Well, I don't have a six sense (not even the movie), but I can tell the future.................and I can see that by buying a fifth subwoofer......I'll be in trouble with my wife......

But, I already survived 4 rounds, so let's bring the fifth!!!

Let me share my future tell powers with you:

Wife =
post #168 of 194 Old 05-03-14, 08:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Pics!!!!!

Awesome set up. I love it!
post #169 of 194 Old 05-03-14, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post
I'm really sorry to disappoint you, but at the end I didn't buy one subwoofer.

Spoiler
I placed an order for two!!!

post #170 of 194 Old 05-03-14, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
rawsawhd wrote: View Post
Awesome set up. I love it!
Thanks a lot for the kind words!