It's alive!!! - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: It's alive!!!

^^^

That is pretty cool. I'll be checking that review as soon it is posted by Ricci. Thanks for sharing that information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 08:17 PM
Senior Shackster

john

My System

Have you done a calibration on your FP yet.
post #53 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

I run the Panny for several months just the way it came out of the box. Yes, it was that good. But, eventually I purchased a copy of the Disney's World of Wonder (WOW) blu-ray to perform my first level calibration. Things were getting even better.

Recently, I purchased a copy of the Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark and Calibration Disc 2nd Edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Spears-Munsil-...sil+%26+spears

To take the calibration to the next level (my level of course), and once again I noticed an improvement on the Picture Quality. Main thing that made me purchase this second disc is that you can calibrate the projector for 3D material.

So, this is the only calibration done so far. I know there are other tools (HW & SW) to perform pro-level calibration, but I'm just happy with the results that I'm getting from this projector as it is.

post #54 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 09:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Nice pics!!!!
post #55 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 09:49 PM
Senior Shackster

john

My System

Have you notice any ghosting with your FP in 3D mode. If seen reports that it has problems with 3D and ghosting. Also how far is your FP to the screen and what is the gain.
post #56 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 10:35 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

CR - excellent upgrade and setup!! Very nice color choice and room decor! Feel very welcoming and of course I know its a great experience

How is that wall mount for your Panny? May I ask where you got it from??

Quote:
cr136124 wrote: View Post
Ok. I'm glad to report that things changed a bit in my room in the last past months. I was able to purchase a projector and screen for my room. The PJ is a Panasonic PT-AE8000U and the screen is a Elite Screens ER120WH1 Sable Fixed Frame Projection Screen (120 inch 16:9 AR).

That was one of the main issues from my previous setup.........I mean the 51" plasma TV was way too small. Now, the 120" screen is in a complete new league. Of course, the fact the Panny is an amazing projector helps a lot.

Other changes were related with the AVR. I replaced the Yamaha RX-A1010 with a Denon 4311CI (mainly due to Audyssey MultEq XT32) and my Samsung 3D player for an Oppo 103 player (this thing is a beast!).

Next step, I upgraded from a 7.2 to 11.2. To achieve this, I sold one of my XPA-2s and purchased an extra XPA-5. So, pretty much I have one XPA-2 to drive the front speakers. One XPA-5 for the surround, back surround and center speakers. And one XPA-5 for the wide and height speakers.

Of course, I need to add more speakers to my room for the 11.2 configuration. So, I purchased a pair of Polk Audio 265-RT as height speakers:

And, a second pair of RTi A9's as surround speakers:

Yes, I had to run additional speaker wires and wall plates to achieve this (not fun, but I did it):

And here a couple of pics of the speaker wires that I built:

On the acoustic treatment side, I added a thick carpet and window treatments. Planning on adding a couple of acoustic treatments to the walls in the near future.

So, what do you guys think?
post #57 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
bxbigpipi wrote: View Post
Nice pics!!!!
Thanks bro!

Quote:
robsong wrote: View Post
Have you notice any ghosting with your FP in 3D mode. If seen reports that it has problems with 3D and ghosting. Also how far is your FP to the screen and what is the gain.
The only movie in which I was able to notice a nasty ghosting issue is TinTin. It is the scene when he finds the first scroll. Other than that scene the PJ has been flawless in the 3D dept.

One of the movies that IMO is spectacular in 3D is Prometheus.........yeah, yeah, it is not an Alien movie........yada, yada, yada.......but I like it.............a lot!

Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post
CR - excellent upgrade and setup!! Very nice color choice and room decor! Feel very welcoming and of course I know its a great experience

How is that wall mount for your Panny? May I ask where you got it from??

Thanks a lot for your comment Dark. About your question, the wall mount is pretty cool, simple to install (if you have a stud in the prime location) and with an amazing price at Amazon. Here is an extra pic from the bottom (so you can see that can easily accommodates the whole projector):

Here is the direct link to Amazon (I bet you are going to like the price!):

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-ECSB...rds=omni+shelf

If you need/want additional pics let me know!
post #58 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 11:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Excellent!!! Thanks for that link as I will soon buy one. As for a stud in the wall this looks like a PJ with lens shift will be in the making (to bad I cannot take my 8700ub with me ).

Quote:
cr136124 wrote: View Post
Thanks bro!

The only movie in which I was able to notice a nasty ghosting issue is TinTin. It is the scene when he finds the first scroll. Other than that scene the PJ has been flawless in the 3D dept.

One of the movies that IMO is spectacular in 3D is Prometheus.........yeah, yeah, it is not an Alien movie........yada, yada, yada.......but I like it.............a lot!

Thanks a lot for your comment Dark. About your question, the wall mount is pretty cool, simple to install (if you have a stud in the prime location) and with an amazing price at Amazon. Here is an extra pic from the bottom (so you can see that can easily accommodates the whole projector):

Here is the direct link to Amazon (I bet you are going to like the price!):

http://www.amazon.com/OmniMount-ECSB...rds=omni+shelf

If you need/want additional pics let me know!
post #59 of 194 Old 07-07-13, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Picture_Shooter wrote: View Post
Excellent!!! Thanks for that link as I will soon buy one. As for a stud in the wall this looks like a PJ with lens shift will be in the making (to bad I cannot take my 8700ub with me ).
No problem! If you buy it, I'm positive you will love it. Yes, the Panny has a lens shift (manual joystick) and then you can use the zoom to ensure you are covering the whole screen (very convenient when you have to deal with fitting a big screen). Anyway, in my case I was very lucky that the stud was almost centered with my screen. Finally one thing that went well with my room..........LOL!

Cheers!
post #60 of 194 Old 07-08-13, 03:36 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

To the OP, I know you are only using them as height speakers but what are your impressions of the Polk 265-RT's? Have you tried listening to them isolated from the rest of the speakers? Did you do any kind of baffle inside the wall to try to control the airspace behind the speaker?
Thanks!