SUBmarine Home Theater - Page 7 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

12Likes

post #61 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 06:16 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
That does look nice but my knee walls are a bit shorter. Of course you can see the mess, y'all are willing to provide great ideas I am willing to take the risk no one will laugh....so that I can hear it of course Here it is without the newer curtains and of course me with my friendly movie buddy
No laughing here Jack. Your room has real potential! Take a look at "Attic home theater pics" on Google images and you'll see what I mean. Nobody should be laughing because you've got some nice gear. I mean c'mon you're sporting some Martin Logan speakers! At least you've got a dedicated room. I'm trying to build a house with a stapler with my living room home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 07:56 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: SUBmarine Home Theater

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
No laughing here Jack. Your room has real potential! Take a look at "Attic home theater pics" on Google images and you'll see what I mean. Nobody should be laughing because you've got some nice gear. I mean c'mon you're sporting some Martin Logan speakers! At least you've got a dedicated room. I'm trying to build a house with a stapler with my living room home theater.

Doesnt everyone have a stapler in their living room ??

Thank You for the kind words and I will do what you suggest. I no longer have the Martin Logans, I chose to go with something with a bit more dominance in the power region, for reasons many will not agree with. I still have to fill in a home theater subwoofer but for now the little velodyne and the REL in the left rear do fine.

Here is an updated photo, as of today, I have to shed more light up there but there is only one window and it is otherwise occupied.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

Last edited by Savjac; 05-22-16 at 01:00 PM.
post #63 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 08:05 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Ohhh…Them looks like some old school Klipsch. Do tell more please…
post #64 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 08:20 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Good eye Jeff, you got some knowledge going on there.

Yup old school Klipsch, efficient to a fault, including the C7 center channel. They may not be as refined as the Logans but when it comes to having the stuff that legends are made of, they have it. In the case of these Klipsch they can truly put out some mad reproduction in the 50hz to say 200hz zone where most of the power and dynamics of music live. Some would call it slam you can feel and be part of. With all the crites updates and some cabinet support work inside these big guys can also image like crazy, width, depth, height and when recorded properly, true holographic presentations. For me the 3 front speakers in a home theater that also does music are the most important and carry the main load and as such they must be up to the task of well anything be it quiet or raging to the point of hurting the listener with great speed and acuity.

I like these alot.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #65 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 08:42 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Good eye Jeff, you got some knowledge going on there. Yup old school Klipsch, efficient to a fault, including the C7 center channel. They may not be as refined as the Logans but when it comes to having the stuff that legends are made of, they have it. In the case of these Klipsch they can truly put out some mad reproduction in the 50hz to say 200hz zone where most of the power and dynamics of music live. Some would call it slam you can feel and be part of. With all the crites updates and some cabinet support work inside these big guys can also image like crazy, width, depth, height and when recorded properly, true holographic presentations. For me the 3 front speakers in a home theater that also does music are the most important and carry the main load and as such they must be up to the task of well anything be it quiet or raging to the point of hurting the listener with great speed and acuity. I like these alot.
No need for the long winded explanation of those Klipsch beauties! They are some impressive speakers. At one time I considered another brand for my 2 channel setup. Let's just say when I got everything up to speed in my setup my search was/is over. They can flat out JAM and sound good while doing so!
post #66 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 10:46 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
No need for the long winded explanation of those Klipsch beauties! They are some impressive speakers. At one time I considered another brand for my 2 channel setup. Let's just say when I got everything up to speed in my setup my search was/is over. They can flat out JAM and sound good while doing so!
I feel a bit stupid, I did not know you had Klipsch albeit the new ones. You know better than most what I am speaking about so I will shut up.

Good Listening

Jack

post #67 of 109 Old 05-21-16, 10:59 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Yes indeed I have more than 5' and can create a floor standing diffuser with no issues....well except for the math. I have no idea how to generate a random binary sequence as I dont know what one of those is. Do I ask the computer voice for a random binary sequence generator ??
I will look it up. Thank You Todd.

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Cool! You could definitely create one for that space. Mine hangs from the ceiling (which obviously necessitated some creative internal bracing to keep it from sagging. If you get creative, you could possibly create a floor standing diffuser...or possibly one that inhabits the entire back wall with a door?

The slat positions are easy to calculate... you need to use a random binary sequence. Here's the one I used (I'm sure you can easily generate one of you own):

1= slat
0= no slat

position:126 ***** 1
position:125 ***** 0
position:124 ***** 0
position:123 ***** 0
position:122 ***** 0
position:121 ***** 0
position:120 ***** 0
position:119 ***** 1
position:118 ***** 0
position:117 ***** 0
position:116 ***** 0
position:115 ***** 0
position:114 ***** 0
position:113 ***** 1
position:112 ***** 1
position:111 ***** 0
position:110 ***** 0
position:109 ***** 0
position:108 ***** 0
position:107 ***** 1
position:106 ***** 0
position:105 ***** 1
position:104 ***** 0
position:103 ***** 0
position:102 ***** 0
position:101 ***** 1
position:100 ***** 1
position:099 ***** 1
position:098 ***** 1
position:097 ***** 0
position:096 ***** 0
position:095 ***** 1
position:094 ***** 0
position:093 ***** 0
position:092 ***** 0
position:091 ***** 1
position:090 ***** 0
position:089 ***** 1
position:088 ***** 1
position:087 ***** 0
position:086 ***** 0
position:085 ***** 1
position:084 ***** 1
position:083 ***** 1
position:082 ***** 0
position:081 ***** 1
position:080 ***** 0
position:079 ***** 1
position:078 ***** 0
position:077 ***** 0
position:076 ***** 1
position:075 ***** 1
position:074 ***** 1
position:073 ***** 1
position:072 ***** 1
position:071 ***** 0
position:070 ***** 1
position:069 ***** 0
position:068 ***** 0
position:067 ***** 0
position:066 ***** 0
position:065 ***** 1
position:064 ***** 1
position:063 ***** 1
position:062 ***** 0
position:061 ***** 0
position:060 ***** 0
position:059 ***** 1
position:058 ***** 0
position:057 ***** 0
position:056 ***** 1
position:055 ***** 0
position:054 ***** 0
position:053 ***** 1
position:052 ***** 1
position:051 ***** 0
position:050 ***** 1
position:049 ***** 1
position:048 ***** 0
position:047 ***** 1
position:046 ***** 0
position:045 ***** 1
position:044 ***** 1
position:043 ***** 0
position:042 ***** 1
position:041 ***** 1
position:040 ***** 1
position:039 ***** 1
position:038 ***** 0
position:037 ***** 1
position:036 ***** 1
position:035 ***** 0
position:034 ***** 0
position:033 ***** 0
position:032 ***** 1
position:031 ***** 1
position:030 ***** 0
position:029 ***** 1
position:028 ***** 0
position:027 ***** 0
position:026 ***** 1
position:025 ***** 0
position:024 ***** 1
position:023 ***** 1
position:022 ***** 1
position:021 ***** 0
position:020 ***** 1
position:019 ***** 1
position:018 ***** 1
position:017 ***** 0
position:016 ***** 0
position:015 ***** 1
position:014 ***** 1
position:013 ***** 0
position:012 ***** 0
position:011 ***** 1
position:010 ***** 0
position:009 ***** 1
position:008 ***** 0
position:007 ***** 1
position:006 ***** 0
position:005 ***** 1
position:004 ***** 1
position:003 ***** 1
position:002 ***** 1
position:001 ***** 1
position:000 ***** 1

Basically, keep everything evenly spaced and you end up with a random slats that help create a uniform distribution of the diffuse reflected sound. (I let anyone with a better grounding in theory explain further ;-)

The gentleman that helped me incorporated absorption simply because my seating position is so close to the diffuser (about 3 ft away). If you have more space (5 feet or more?) you could probably create your own diffuser that could mount on the wall. Checkout this site: http://arqen.com/sound-diffusers/

Good Listening

Jack

post #68 of 109 Old 05-22-16, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Reviewer

Todd Anderson

My System
Just use the sequence I clipped... You can pick up anywhere in the sequence. Should be enough there.

Nice setup by the way! Love the gear. You need to start a thread for the space... I'm sure other members would dig it!
post #69 of 109 Old 05-22-16, 10:43 AM

All I can say is WOW, new to this board and your room blew my mind! Great Job
post #70 of 109 Old 05-22-16, 01:04 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
Just use the sequence I clipped... You can pick up anywhere in the sequence. Should be enough there.

Nice setup by the way! Love the gear. You need to start a thread for the space... I'm sure other members would dig it!
Thank You Todd, I do understand what you did now, I was able to print one out too so I will do it in the near future, say next week I should start as the garage rebuild will be done by then.

Thank You for the encouragement but my room is pretty plane thus far and nothing close to your stunning place. I will think on it.

Good Listening

Jack