Tripplej Game Room / Home Theater - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

5Likes

post #1 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tripplej Game Room / Home Theater

Hi guys,

I finally upgraded my home theater system after 13 long years!

I initially had a Denon Receiver, Mitsubishi 55 inch Rear Pro TV, Toshiba DVD player (later replaced by Sony VCR/DVD Recorder RDR-VXD655), 5 Paradigm floor standing speakers + sub, Sony CD player, Sony Tape Deck and a bunch of other things I forgot now..

All have been donated to various charities except for the Mitsubishi TV which we will still use.. (moved to guest bedroom where the kids will make use of it).

In order for me to get the upgrade done and get my wife's blessing (WAF), I had to compromise a bit..

No floor standing speakers for the new 7 speakers so I had to go with in ceiling speakers. I am still using Paradigm but this time 7 in ceiling speakers + 2 subs. The 2 subs are floor standing but they are small and will be in the corners.

Furthermore, no TV in the living room so we are going to put the new 75 inch Samsung TV in the game room.
(The living room is now a conversation place where the TV will not distract -- or something to that affect)

The game room is a big rectangle 29' x 14'

Currently the room is being used as a "game room".. I have a pool table and a poker table.

To make it mix use so to speak to accommodate the "home theater" aspect, I will use the poker table chairs for seating.

I know not ideal but compromise was needed.

On one end (far left) will be the audio rack and the other side (far right) will be the tv hanging on the wall.

My audio rack is Bello AR-880 which was purchased 13 years ago when I did my first home theater.

The first picture attached is the rack.

Name:  view-of-rack.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  27.7 KB

Remotes, etc. on the top shelf.
PS4 on the second shelf
Oppo Blu Ray Player on third shelf
NAD T-777 Home Theater Receiver on fourth shelf
Panamax Surge Protection for all the equipment on fifth shelf.

The second picture attached is the side view of the tv.(Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV)

Name:  tv-side-view.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  16.9 KB

The third picture attached is the back view of the game room / home theater room

Name:  game-room-back-view.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  19.2 KB

The fourth picture attached is the view of the sitting area. I have to use the poker table chairs.

Name:  when-veiwing-tv-chairs-go-back.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  21.0 KB

Finally, the view of the tv (front) when sitting on the chair.

Name:  view-of-tv-when-sitting.jpg
Views: 1655
Size:  14.4 KB

I have Paradigm 7.2 speakers. (2 subs and 7 in ceiling speakers).

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by tripplej; 12-18-13 at 09:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 03:53 PM
HTS Moderator
doug

My System
Re: Tripplej Game Room / Home Theater

Pool table?! I'm jealous. The game room looks really nice and way to go with the WAF.
post #3 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, the pool (billiard) table is the one item in the house all guests play with.. even the ladies.

It is over 10 years old but build like a rock. The guys who installed it brought it up in parts and they were at the house for half the day. Lot of work to put it all together.

and yes, making the wife happy was necessary to have the green light for the upgrade.. And to be honest, having floor speakers would have not been good anyways.. Just don't have the space.

Main:
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player, Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Wii U Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge Protection, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by tripplej; 12-18-13 at 04:07 PM.
post #4 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 08:20 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Looks like a very fun space! How do you like the tv? I was torn between that set and the f-8500 we went plasma but 64" took awhile to get use to after our 73" Mitsubishi dlp went down.
post #5 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 09:06 PM
Banned!

Hey Joe!

Way to go on updating your system and thanks for sharing the pics! I have a very similar Bell'O "audio tower" but in the silver finish, not black/pewter as yours, for my two-channel system...

Boy, I'm really screen envious now...nice work on the hanging! How do you like the NAD receiver?

Did you get a hold of any of the reference quality DVDs or Blu-rays we discussed?

Good job, my friend!
post #6 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
Looks like a very fun space! How do you like the tv? I was torn between that set and the f-8500 we went plasma but 64" took awhile to get use to after our 73" Mitsubishi dlp went down.
I always liked LED so plasma for me was not in the picture.

I was debating between the 65 in and the 75 in but thought to go bigger so went with the 75 in.

I really like the tv. I only messed with a few settings so far but so far it is exceeding my expectations.

I came from a 55 inch so I am still getting used to the 75 in..

Main:

post #7 of 35 Old 12-18-13, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Hey Joe!

Way to go on updating your system and thanks for sharing the pics! I have a very similar Bell'O "audio tower" but in the silver finish, not black/pewter as yours, for my two-channel system...

Boy, I'm really screen envious now...nice work on the hanging! How do you like the NAD receiver?

Did you get a hold of any of the reference quality DVDs or Blu-rays we discussed?

Good job, my friend!
Thanks Osage for the compliments. Small world you have the Bell'O as well. I do like their products.

The NAD receiver is a big box.. It is very good. Lot of power. I am sure I haven't even used 10% of it yet...

I only have a few blu ray's with me .. getting them as time permits.

I did see Lord of the Rings extended version (the first part) and that just blew me away.

Now my only problem is getting free time to actually sit and watch something.

Main:

post #8 of 35 Old 12-19-13, 10:47 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Nicely done mate! I wish I had the space to do a game room - I usually have friends over for board game sessions, and I am running out of places to set us up!

I am sure no one minds the seats at all - they look pretty comfortable to me! Oh, and I am all in...

post #9 of 35 Old 12-19-13, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Nicely done mate! I wish I had the space to do a game room - I usually have friends over for board game sessions, and I am running out of places to set us up!

I am sure no one minds the seats at all - they look pretty comfortable to me! Oh, and I am all in...
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, the poker chairs are not ideal but there was no way, I could put a sofa or lazy boy in there. lol. But, to be honest, the chairs are comfortable. You can also lean back a little.. The chairs raise up and down as well.. Overall it is very acceptable..

I was lucky enough when I was searching for a house back in 2000 to find a house with a big "game room" that was able to accommodate all my "toys".

Main:

post #10 of 35 Old 12-19-13, 05:04 PM
Banned!

Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Thanks Osage for the compliments. Small world you have the Bell'O as well. I do like their products.

The NAD receiver is a big box.. It is very good. Lot of power. I am sure I haven't even used 10% of it yet...

I only have a few blu ray's with me .. getting them as time permits.

I did see Lord of the Rings extended version (the first part) and that just blew me away.

Now my only problem is getting free time to actually sit and watch something.
Did you consider any of the ones I suggested to you in the PM?