Fourth and Final - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

6Likes

post #11 of 40 Old 02-10-14, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Audioguy

I don't recall how long it took. The stands did not exist when I purchased the Cats so I spent many $ on custom steel stands. When the Cat stands became available, I took time trying to convince myself to dump the expensive metal stands and buy the Cat stands --- and did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 Old 02-10-14, 10:02 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: Fourth and Final

Quote:
Audioguy wrote: View Post
I don't recall how long it took. The stands did not exist when I purchased the Cats so I spent many $ on custom steel stands. When the Cat stands became available, I took time trying to convince myself to dump the expensive metal stands and buy the Cat stands --- and did.
Thanks mate - I have been pestering Mark for nigh on 3 months for stands, and I am trying to decide if I just build them myself or wait it out. The speakers have been sitting in boxes staring at me wondering when they get to come out to play...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #13 of 40 Old 02-10-14, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Audioguy

I built some stands out of 2 x 4's until I got his. Ugly but functional. (and inexpensive)

post #14 of 40 Old 02-24-14, 11:42 PM
Shackster

Man what a great looking room. I really like the colors. The way you blended function with style is great. Most people end up sacrificing performance for look or have mo style for function but yours is the best of both.
post #15 of 40 Old 02-25-14, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Audioguy

Quote:
qx56 wrote: View Post
Man what a great looking room. I really like the colors. The way you blended function with style is great. Most people end up sacrificing performance for look or have mo style for function but yours is the best of both.
Thank you so much for your very kind words. I really gave a lot of thought to covering up all of the acoustic treatment so that I could make the room look more like a theater and less like a recording studio.

But I decided that I really liked the look of the treatments so left as is (and saved a lot of money in the process).

Function is far more important than form and this theater sounds the best of any I have owned.

Thanks again.

Chuck

post #16 of 40 Old 03-05-14, 02:48 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Very nice room. Clean and classy. And you don't see enough acoustic clouds these days! Must be nice to have the height for it. I've heard great things about cutting down the ceiling 1st reflection points.

- OJ -

post #17 of 40 Old 03-23-14, 08:38 PM
A/V
Shackster

Very jealous of your room. Especially the projector/AT screen/anamorphic setup, your speakers, your subs, your room, and... ok I'm totally hulk green with green envious envy!
post #18 of 40 Old 01-07-16, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Audioguy

I have made a number of important changes. The Seaton speakers have all been replaced with Triads --- Platinum LCR's for the front and In Room Silvers for the surrounds. Subs are now a combination of DIY (SI HST18's) and Seaton SubMersive and Surround Processor is now Datasat RS20i.

The addiction continues !!!

post #19 of 40 Old 01-08-16, 08:10 AM
HTS Moderator

Lou

My System

Like, like, like! Very soothing atmosphere and theme. Any impressions yet on the new sound, or are you still tweaking?

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am

post #20 of 40 Old 01-08-16, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Audioguy

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Like, like, like! Very soothing atmosphere and theme. Any impressions yet on the new sound, or are you still tweaking?
Not ready yet. I have been listening to the new speakers for a long time and they are VERY nice (much better midrange/tweeter presentation) but the RS20i has yet to be fully integrated. I had one in my room about a year ago and the improvement over the Marantz (actually 90% of the improvement was Dirac over Audyssey)was incredible. Better everything: bass, midrange, envelopment. I have learned a lot about the Datasat since that time and by the time I get all of that functionality operational, it should be quite stunning.

Thank you for your kind words and my wife and I both agree with you: the environment is quite soothing.