Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Suggestions for 16' x 19' Room

13K views 56 replies 12 participants last post by  Anisha 
#1 ·
I'm just now getting into HI-Definition. Last week I purchased a Vizio M550NV, and Direct TV will hook me up to HD tomorrow.
I probably will get a PS3 slim or wait on the new OPPO. I have budget of 1500.00 for Receiver and 5.1 speakers. The room
this equipment is going into is 16' X 19' with carpeting and windows on 2 sides, sliding glass on one of the two window walls,
if that makes a difference? I would appreciate any recommendations for a mid-level system in this space. My equipment profile
gives my preferences for 2 channel audio system in another room. I might consider going up a little more in price if worth while.

Thanks,
John D.

#51 ·
Good deal, you just never know on these forums and you never want to leave something unsaid that could actually help someone. I'm pretty pumped for you and your "soon to be system"! You should be pleased...very pleased. ;0)

#52 ·
OP here again, I just wanted to pop back in here and say thanks to everyone who had an answer to my questions, or made a suggestion.
My system is finally hooked up and thanks to Audyssey it sounds great. This is what I ended up with.

:T

Vizio M55ONV - Razor LED LCD
Direct TV HD
OPPO BDP-93 Blue Ray
ONKYO TX-NR808
PSB Image T6 Towers
PSB Image C5 Center
PSB Image S5 Surrounds
HSU Research VTF-1 Sub-Woofer

#53 ·
That's great to hear and thanks for coming back to let us know how things are sounding! It looks like you have an awesome setup, sad part is...there is no cure for the addiction.:rolleyesno:

Soooooooooooooooo.....whats next?:R:rofl2:

#54 ·
OP here again. After having this system in place now for a few weeks, I just wanted to make a comment to those just getting into Home Theater. I initially came up with a budget of $1500.00 for receiver and speakers. All of the initial comments said that it was probably a little bit on the cheap side. I gave it some thought and did some homework and listening to speakers. In the end, I spent twice as much as I had anticipated. But, I'm so glad that I did. This setup really makes my day now! There's nothing worse than spending any amount of money and wishing you had something better. So, all I'm saying is think this out a little bit before you commit to an entry point system. :T

#55 ·
Good to hear. It's truly never about the money spent, but the experience after you spend it. So when money alone dictates your decision the experience will suffer.. whether that's 50 dollars or 50 thousand dollars. When your pour your time, effort, and quest for high value into the process, you really end up satisfying yourself. I agree with you entirely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.