Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Onkyo HT-S3300 or Samsung HT-C6900W?

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sviks 
#1 ·
I recently bought a Samsung 46" LCD TV - LN46C650L1F, and I am looking for an entry-level home theater system to go with it. Sound quality is important to me of course, but 3 other things I want are: the ability to play music from my iPod, ability to play music from my computer, and wireless rear speakers (as I won't be able to run wires neatly across my living room). So, that being said, after much online research, I have narrowed my search down to the Onkyo HT-S3300 & the Samsung HT-C6900W.

With the Onkyo system, I'll need to add an iPod dock, a wireless rear speaker kit, and a Blu-Ray player, which brings the total cost to $600+. Also, I'm hoping that, given my TV is already "internet ready", I'll be able to use Samsung's AllShare feature to play music from my computer.

The Samsung system has everything in the box already for a price of $500, but doesn't have the reputation of Onkyo in terms to sound quality.

I'd like to hear the opinions of others in this forum. If you had to go through a similar decision yourself and can share your two cents, nothing like it!

#6 ·
I'm going with the above posters suggestions mostly for the future and the flexibilty it will bring but also for the fact that i have never read a review on a samsung AVR which kind of clues me in that they are not a big player in the AVR market.

I think you'll appreciate that you spent the extra coin on the Onkyo.:T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.