Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

New HT room speaker set up

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  GranteedEV 
#1 ·
Room is in basement currently being built I am putting a 73inch tv in the wall. I am having a debate about putting my b&w 683 front speakers in the wall or not put them in the wall. Will I lose any sound quality or performance? Down fall is I can not install the subs in the wall they would sit out in front below the tv . I don't want the room to be Cramped room is 15 long 18 wide. Any suggestions ?

#3 ·
Putting speakers in a wall that were not intended to is almost always going to create significant problems with performance. Alternatives would be to purchase speaker intended for inwall installation, create a false wall with acoustically transparent cloth, and using the B&Ws in the room as intended.

#4 ·
I would recommend to not put them in the wall or a cabinet, if you must put them a cavity fill the rest of the cavity with foam to as not create any additional reflection points.

#8 ·
I think tripplight makes a good UPS as does APC. I believe APC has B-Stocks available online btw.

That's the only real reason to bother with a power conditioner 95% of the time. Definitely don't purchase one expecting it to improve sound or video quality unless your home has severe issues.

Are you going to get a seymourAV acoustically transparent DIY screen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.