Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

New 87 cuft ib setup

Tags
87 cuft ib setup
8K views 35 replies 4 participants last post by  rwk2002 
#1 ·
After reading about Harley haulers ib I decided to try out a pair of the kicker comp 15s. After modeling in winisd it looks ok as far as I can tell I. The 87 cuft cabinet. I just can't figure out if I need to worry about a high pass filter. I will be using a inuke 1000 to power the subs. The amp may be a little overkill but I figure if I don't push it I should be ok. I tried to model them as a ported sub but I couldn't figure that out I don't know what I should tune it to. Any input would be appreciated

#12 ·
Thanks for your input. I guess I will just run them in them ib. I was able to get the drivers for next to nothing so if they don't work out I will change the out with two Fi audio 15ib. I will post a pic of setup when I get home so you have a better idea what I am dealing with. Thanks again

#13 ·
rwk2002 said:
Thanks for your input. I guess I will just run them in them ib. I was able to get the drivers for next to nothing so if they don't work out I will change the out with two Fi audio 15ib. I will post a pic of setup when I get home so you have a better idea what I am dealing with. Thanks again
I don't know how big of a space you plan to run just two of the kickers comps in. But unless it's in a small bedroom, I don't think the two kickers in a ib will suffice. I think if you just plan on running two, ported would be your best option. Running just the two ib will bottom out way to easy.

#14 ·
Here are some photos from the room. The size is 18' deep an 13' wide. The first pic is of the screen wall which will have a Seymour screen on it. The only reason i purchase the kickers was because I could get them so cheap. My main goal for the room is to keep all the speakers concealed which is the reason for the ib. The second pic shows where the ib is. Behind the manifold is under the stairs which like I said is 87 cruft exactly. The cut outs in the manifold are for the kickers but can easily be changed out for different ones. The wall is very stiff I made it out of two sheets of plywood. My original speakers were going to be the Dayton ib 15". But when I came across your thread I thought I would give the kickers a try. I was able to pick up both kickers for about 100 dollars. If anyone has any recommendations of some inexpensive subs I could try in the ib I am open to it.

Attachments

#16 ·
rwk2002 said:
Here are some photos from the room. The size is 18' deep an 13' wide. The first pic is of the screen wall which will have a Seymour screen on it. The only reason i purchase the kickers was because I could get them so cheap. My main goal for the room is to keep all the speakers concealed which is the reason for the ib. The second pic shows where the ib is. Behind the manifold is under the stairs which like I said is 87 cruft exactly. The cut outs in the manifold are for the kickers but can easily be changed out for different ones. The wall is very stiff I made it out of two sheets of plywood. My original speakers were going to be the Dayton ib 15". But when I came across your thread I thought I would give the kickers a try. I was able to pick up both kickers for about 100 dollars. If anyone has any recommendations of some inexpensive subs I could try in the ib I am open to it.
Wow $100 for 2, that is cheap. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them for that price?

I purchased mine off fleabay for $570 shipped for 8. So about $71.25 each shipped. But I had to buy 8 to get them at that price.

I too was looking at the Dayton ib 15 prior to buying the kickers. For the price of the kickers it was a no brainer when comparing the two subs together

#25 ·
I guess my biggest problem is I probably don't have anything to compare a good sub to. Upstairs I am currently using a Dayton hi fidelity 15 in a 9 cuft box tuned to 17hz with a Dayton 250 plate amp. If I can get the same output out of a ib I would be happy. Thanks for all your input guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.