da lite vs elite screens - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 9 Old 05-21-15, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

da lite vs elite screens

pl give ur honest preference with reason between Da lite vs elite screens for a room size of 12 X 17 sq ft room. also what size screen should i choose for this room size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-21-15, 01:24 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: da lite vs elite screens

I cant comment on the type of screen but as far as screen size its important that you leave room on the sides for the speakers. You do not want speakers pushed out into the corners or your sound will suffer.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #3 of 9 Old 05-21-15, 03:58 PM
Shackster
shooter

My System

Do you want 2.35 or 16.9? I ended up with Elite's AcousticPro and very happy with it, especially compared to the overpriced competition offerin AT screens. For your room, 120" to 130" would be fine and give you immersion. If you get an AT screen, the speakers will hide behind the screen, so you can go as big as your PJ can throw in your room.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-21-15, 04:27 PM
Senior Shackster

I have a dalite screen and I love it...just my two cents
post #5 of 9 Old 05-21-15, 11:59 PM
Senior Shackster

I have a 110 fixed frame Elite screen and I'm very happy, no complains so far

I can't say anything about Dalite, but when I researched for my screen I found good reviews also

For me price was the reason to choose Elite screen
post #6 of 9 Old 05-22-15, 09:07 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

just remember that an AT screen looses some light reflection so a better projector is needed.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #7 of 9 Old 05-23-15, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
bokeh wrote: View Post
Do you want 2.35 or 16.9? I ended up with Elite's AcousticPro and very happy with it, especially compared to the overpriced competition offerin AT screens. For your room, 120" to 130" would be fine and give you immersion. If you get an AT screen, the speakers will hide behind the screen, so you can go as big as your PJ can throw in your room.
Was ur elite acoustic pro able to deliver 2.35 or is it 16.9. How much did it cost?
post #8 of 9 Old 05-31-15, 10:02 PM
Shackster
shooter

My System

Quote:
gopi_16 wrote: View Post
Was ur elite acoustic pro able to deliver 2.35 or is it 16.9. How much did it cost?
Mine was 2.35...got the widest one so I could have a good size 16.9 when I did zoom in. Got it on sale from Amazon under $500...their prices fluctuate so just keep an eye on it. Sometimes the larger sizes are even cheaper than smaller sizes...likely because they don't sell as much. Save your money and get an elite AT screen...I've seen other brands costing 3-4x more and there is no logical justification to spend more.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-08-16, 03:55 AM
Shackster

Quote:
gopi_16 wrote: View Post
pl give ur honest preference with reason between Da lite vs elite screens for a room size of 12 X 17 sq ft room. also what size screen should i choose for this room size
My room is 18.5 x 13.0 & my screen is 110" 16:9 motorized Draper Targa (MatteWhite finish) and is a good size for the room. However, I recently replaced my projector with one of the 4K enhanced 5040ub's and also upgraded all my in-wall speakers so I have purchased a 120" Motorized Elite Screens AcousticPro UHD Saker Tension screen that should be here next week. The ES listed for around $2K but can be bought on ES's site for around $1,400. I paid under $700 from a liquidator.

Both the 20 year old Targa as well as the brand new ES are VERY CLOSE in terms of gain (1.1 & 1.0 respectively) so I expect the images to be very similar. This Epson projector is brighter than older models and also uses pixel shifting to accomodate 4K content and since the Elite AcousticPro is marketed as a UHD screen, I am anticipating a smooth transition. I will post a review with pictures in this thread once it is in place and I have had a chance to verify these expectations.

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-10-16 at 10:48 AM.