Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: critofur

About Me

• About critofur
    I've been listening to speakers for over 30 years. When I was a little kid my dad owned a stereo shop and I used to hang out there. After trying many different speakers the ones my dad settled on were the Magneplanar Tympani 1-D. Speakers that I kept and listened to the longest myself were some cheap "db" brand 8" 2-way bookshelfs with a paper cone tweeter. They were fun and I enjoyed listening to music on them - I can't say the same for any of the $500 - $5,000 speakers I've heard in shops such as B&W etc...
    Interests | Hobbies
    I like R/C model cars and planes, but haven't done much with them for the last decade or so. I enjoy reading Fantasy novels, watching movies, cooking, traveling to Japan, hiking/backpacking. Occasional fishing (used to love going up to Canada with
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-DS787
    TV:Gave my TV away (watch movies on my PC LCD now)
    Hope to have a projector someday
    Speakers: A variety of self made prototypes
    CD Player: 5 disc Sony changer that's more than 10 years old, I also use EAC on my PC for perfect digital playback that's more accurate than any high-end "audiophile" CD player is capable of.
    Other System
    On my PC I use AKG K 340 "Electrostatic Dynamic" headphones. AFAIK the ONLY headphones whose drivers are both electrostatic and dynamic combined in one driver.

I have various other receivers and amps, including some T-amps and an old Sony receiver. I've got shelves full of various drivers and speaker parts I've collected over the years, I sometimes mix-and-match parts and listen...
    The Whatever Box
    All speakers suck, I'm looking for some that are a little less sucky.

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 06-06-16 01:31 PM
  • Referrals: 2

No results to display...

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome