Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: dan77

About Me

• About dan77
    Denver, CO
    audio video phile nut. Dont have loads of money, but I make for it in enthusiasm.
    Interests | Hobbies
    Photography, bicycling, writing programs in java.
    Technical analyst
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    Hodge podge. Mostly used stuff except for the projector and receiver
    RECEIVER Pioneer :VSX-95
    PROJECTOR Sharp :XV-12000
    DVD player :Wal-mart special
    CENTER channel :Infinity (actual center speaker)
    SURROUNDS :Infinity (Book shelf speakers)
    MAINS :1974 Pioneer 3 foot high speakers. They are ported, 12 inch woofer and tweeter mounted on top. The SPL chart is stamped on a plate that is mounted to the top of the speaker itself. They sound awesome. Using REW they die off around 55 Hz.
    SUBWOOFER :Hand made 14 years ago. 12 inch Rockford Fosgate. Ported, down firing in a cylindrical enclosure. Nothing below 40 is an option, but they are all I have. They go up to 200 pretty easy, but I cross them over at 80. They are tuned at 48 hz. They are powered by an outboard amp. An old Kenwood 350 watt puppy (per channel). I run that through a pre-amp (kenwood also). The two units are probly 20 years old.
    TACTILE :Crowson. Unbelievable the wife let me purchase these 1500.00 items. It has really made my home theater exceptional.
    ROOM :About 3200 cubic feet. That is roughly 18 by 14 by 9. Unfinished basement with material hung by me on all four walls and ceiling.
    SCREEN :250.00 special from some web site. It is very nice. I think it is 104 inches diagonal.
    Other System
    My computer has a full 5.1 system running through a home theater receiver with home speakers mounted on the walls. I also put a 'shaker' on my chair. That is what got me to buy the Crowsons. It took my gaming to a whole new level :)
    My monitor is a 22 inch CRT. My computer is hand built, but is about 4 years old. It has 2 gigs of mem. And is a P4 3.2. It has a wicked diamond cut case.
    In our living room we have a full 5.1 system with Boston Accoutic in wall speakers that have 8 inch woofers, and a 10 inch Infinity sub. Sounds nice indeed, nothing like the home theater, but it works quite well. The wife likes it better as she does not have to go into the unfinished basement.
    The Whatever Box
    Discovering REW has been the best. Reading Ikka's reviews has been very informative.

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 09-18-15 10:15 PM
  • Referrals: 0

No results to display...

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome