Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: davimill

About Me

• About davimill
    Other Referral Source
    Nellysford, VA
    Retired aerospace engineer living on the eastern slope of the Blue Ridge in central Virginia. I'm currently building a home theater in my basement.
    Interests | Hobbies
    Astronomy, classical music, camping, hiking, photography.
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    I'm in the process of installing a theater which will have the following equipment: JVC D-ILA RS20 projector, 100 inch motorized screen, Onkyo TX-NR906 receiver, a 7.1 Infinity Classia speaker system, Panasonic DMP-BD70 Blu-ray/VHS deck, Dish Network high-def satellite receiver, an old Panasonic laser disc player and an ancient RCA CED disc player (yes, I still have laser and CED disks in my library).
    Other System
    I have several other systems in various rooms, but the main one is in my great room and it has a Panasonic 42 in. Plasma TV, Onkyo TX-DS989 receiver (too old have HDMI inputs/outputs, which I use for watching DVDs, so, I just run the video on HDMI cable from the DVD player straight to the TV and the audio goes to the receiver on a digital fiber optic cable), Sony Hi8 VCR, JVC S-VHS & Digital Video Cassette recorder, JVC S-VHS & DVD recorder with hard drive, Panasonic Prism Laser Disc player, Phillips Remote Antenna Rotator, Dish Network HDTV receiver with DVR, Cabletronix RF Modulator (it modulates the output from the Dish Network receiver to any RF channel you want so you can distribute the signal on RG-6 coax throughout the house), Mitsubishi LT-30 linear tracking turntable, Thorens 3-speed turntable (so I can play 78 rpm records), dbx 122 noise reducer (for my dbx encoded LPs), Stax electrostatic headphones interface, Monster Cable Power Center, Haffler DH-500 stereo amplifier (pre
    The Whatever Box
    I found the Home Theater Shack Website this evening while searching for information on Munsell gray paint to use in my new theater room. It virtually eliminates any false coloration being added to the projector light reflected from the screen. Yeah;

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 09-21-13 07:11 PM
  • Referrals: 0

No results to display...

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome