Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: Gary jp4

About Me

• About Gary jp4
    gary jp4
    I have always wanted to build a killer system to rival the one my Dad had when I was a kid. Between the time I was 6 and 18, my dad had a DIY/homemade four way horn system with Dual Klipsch 15' folded corner horn subs using 15" drivers (which he made), the low mid range consisted of two 12" speakers behind 2.5' long exponential horns that started at about 1 foot square and flared to about 4' square in ~ 36 SF bass reflex (ported) enclosures, The high mid range consisted of two Electro-Voice metallic diaphragm drivers with 45 pound magnets on a horn somewhat like Klipsch used on his 3 ways with the corner horn. The tweeters were Electro-Voice horns with metallic diaphragm drivers. For a while he experimented with a 30" Electro-Voice sub (like in "Back to the Future" in a huge ported enclosure in the wall of our rec-room with the enclosure behind the wall in the basement. This system was huge and took up one complete 25' wall.
    Interests | Hobbies
    Water Skiing, Hiking, Bicycling, used to Scuba, Dirt Bikes
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    Integra 50.1 AV Receiver, ADS L810 Front, B&W CC6 center, B&W LM-1 surrounds, Samsung LCD Smart TV
    The Whatever Box
    Life is good now that I've found Home Theater Shack!
  • Signature
    Integra 50.1 AV Receiver | 2 ADS L810 Front| B&W CC6 center | B&W LM-1 surrounds | Samsung UN55ES6500FX2A LCD Smart TV | Samsung BD35900 | Harman Kardon 8400 CD player

Read more: http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...#ixzz2c5Gs6gC2

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 08-23-13 10:02 AM
  • Referrals: 0

No results to display...

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome