Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: hotshoetom

About Me

• About hotshoetom
    bedford, VA
    semi-retired, still fixing computers for a few clients, still doing some photo-restoration, but mostly trying to take care of my widowed mother, my un-widowed wife, and myself.
    Interests | Hobbies
    Love my corvette and motorcycle, they help keep me sane and keep me busy...when mom and the wife arent!
    getting fit so I can live longer....hardest thing I ever did!!!!
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    We are probably over-endowed with a ragtag pile of equipment that could be whittled down some and not hurt the system or me...

The main control preamp is a Yamaha AV receiver driving external amplifiers. The main amp (currently out for repair) is an old Adcom GFA-1 at 350 wpc, the subwoofer amp is a somewhat newer GFA- 555 II at 325 wpc, the center and rear channels is handled by a pair of stereo amps in one box from Adcom. One amp is bridged for 200 wpc and that goes to the center, the left and right rear channels are handled by the other 90 wpc amp in the same box. The center rear channel is handled by the appropriate amp in the Yamaha receiver. The DVD player is a samsung non-Hi-def, and the CD player is a single platter type from JVC. Most of the music I listen to either comes from streaming internet audio off the computer tied into the system or from the audio recorded on the hard drive. The computer is equipped with a Soundblaster Audigy card that does a nice job with keeping the audio clean.

Speakers are VMPS Tower II special editions for mains, bipolars for the left/right rears, center channel type for the center channel , and a Radioshack Center channel for the rear center. Subwoofers include a set of HSU Research cylindrical floor standing types paired up with a pair of car type 12" in a sealed box. All the subs are driven by the GFA-555 II amp. Currently I am using a Hafler 115 wpc amp for the front two channels until the other amp is repaired.
    In addition
    Other System
    The second system is based on an old JVC Dolby surround receiver that puts out about 75 wpc into 4 ohms. It drives a pair of old AR-3a bookshelf speakers on stands in the great room and is used for music only.
    The Whatever Box
    Life is good now that I've found Home Theater Shack!

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 09-29-09 01:13 PM
  • Referrals: 0

No results to display...

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome