Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Mitsubishi WD-52725, Solid green light, No picture

13K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
My WD-52725 has a problem that I've yet to read about. Hopefully someone can give me some insight as to what the issue is and how to go about troubleshooting it.

Upon plugging the set into the surge, it blinks green and goes through the normal boot process. After booting is finished and I try to power on the TV, the green power LED turns on and stays solid green as it should. The only problem is there is no picture. I do not see light coming from the lamp, but the lamp is not even six months old. I' m not sure if there is audio because I cannot navigate through the menu to change inputs.

There are no error codes nor any unusual LED light patterns indicating what the failure might be. I did have the infamous B.G.L.O.D. associated with this set in the past. I replaced all the 3300uf 10v caps and 1000uf 16v caps and have had no issues at all for over a year. This just happened suddenly, one day I came home and no picture. There was no bad weather and the set is on a battery backup to protect against power outages.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated

#3 ·
It's giving me a 1-2 error code, meaning no error found. The TV is not shutting it’s self down or finding anything operating out of the norm. It powers on normally, the green power led stays lit solid green until I power off the the TV. It shutsdown normally. Can' t get any errors or flashing leds to point me to where the trouble may be

#6 ·
If the lamp was coming on then going out after it starts up you might get what you describe, but yes you should get some indication that the lamp is not starting. The symtom does not fit anything I have seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.