Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

MITSUBISHI WS-73903 - Sound automatically increasing to max

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PINAY100 
#1 ·
Okay, when I turn on the tv, the sound goes all the way to max. I tried several things and kept getting several results. One, I thought that button was stuck both on the tv or the remote and sometimes, using the remote button works but then sometimes it doesn't. I actually took the front panel apart and again but as soon as I put it back together, the problem starts again. I am actually doing a hard turn off on the machine i.e. unplugging it for a few hours and will check it out tomorrow and see if it's the remote or if it's the tv.

Also, I've noticed that when I press the volume too hard, it actually shut the tv, it there a short somewhere but all the ics are clean. Not sure, maybe I just have a poltergeist playing with the tv!:neener: What's going on, any ideas?

#4 ·
Okay, tried and removed the batteries on the remote - did not work. I opened the front panel and it seems to work but as soon as I put it back on the panel housing, it starts again. I think I may have a "stuck button" on the panel, any suggestions to what I can use to clean it up? I am aiming for alcohol to just swipe it and wipe it down and hopefully, all the gunk will go away. I'll do it this weekend.

Thanks all.:rofl2:

#7 ·
Get the part numbers from the service manual and order the switches or the board from Mitsubishi or measure very precisely and get the switches by matching type and size with a distributor like digikey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.