Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

ws-55809 power up help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PHP87 
#1 ·
Hi there, I have a ws-55809 that does not fire up. I here the relay click and attempt to power up, but no dice. By looking at the pcb board the 220v diode, d9a57, seems like it got hot because there is a dark spot on the board under it. I have found many people with similar symptoms that have had to replace the diode, 2 pico fuses, and 2 IC's. Though, I'm not sure where to begin. I am home for X-mas break and my multimeter is not handy. I am going to attempt to change the diode and maybe hotwire the fuses and see what happens. Any direction would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to wait for the board to discharge again. Thanks in advance, Tom

#2 ·
Do not "hotwire" fuses. Test the components properly or call a professional, please. If the diode is not operating properly, replace it. If the fuses are open, you need to sort out why before replacing them. Recklessy applying power to a circuit with problems is likely to create more problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.