Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Mitsubishi WD-52825 will not power on (no lights blinking)

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  whiteda6 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Mitsubishi WD-52825 DLP TV. Two years ago I had the chassis rebuilt after the green light on the front of the TV would not stop blinking continuously. It worked fine after that until recently. Now it appears to be dead. I can't turn the TV on. No lights appear at all. I tried resetting the TV and it did nothing.

Question: Do I bother to pay $100 to have a service technician come to the house? I would be willing to spend up to $200 to fix the TV, but anything more than that, I will just scrap it. Also, I have never replaced the lamp, so that could be a looming repair in the future too.

What would you do? Repair or Replace?

#2 ·
I would contact Mitsubishi and see if they will accomodate you in any way. They have made offers to get customers into new sets who have had repeated problems with the V26 chassis.

#3 ·
Thanks Icaillo. I wrote up a letter today to send over to Mitsubishi. I was going to call, but in the past I only seem to get junior customer service reps on the phone with no real clout to help me. Do you agree that a letter is the best approach? I still have the fax number from the first cast I opened with them in 2008.

Mits was pretty helpful the first time it broke and covered half the repair cost. After reading more on this forum, I would love for them to offer to put me into a new TV for a decent price. I will update this forum as things progress.

#4 ·
I heard back from Mitsubishi right away. They wanted me to send a new diagnosis of the most recent problem. I pushed back and explained that I did not want to spend $100+ for a service call only to find that there is nothing that can be done about the TV. They then agreed to pay for the cost of the service call, so I am already better off by calling them. I now have nothing to lose. If it is an easy fix that I am willing to pay for, great. If it is a major problem, I put it back in to Mitsubishi's court and hope that they offer me a good deal on a new TV

I am glad I reached out them. Thanks to all for posting your experiences on the forum.

#5 ·
The service technician came to check out my TV today. Took him 2 minutes to conclude that the chassis needed to be replaced again. He said to submit the paperwork to Mitsubishi and see what they can do for me.

At the risk of counting my chickens before they hatch, the comparable replacement is one of the 60" sets. WD-60638 or WD-60738. Anyone have any opininions on these two sets? I know the 60738 has a few additional features, like internet connectivity, but I would not likely use that anyhow. How comparable are the pictures on the two sets and, more importantly, the reliability?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.