Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Mitsubishi Projection TV

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  myoung 
#1 ·
I bought the Mitsubishi Projection Television in 2003 and I am now having a problem that the TV will not turn on. The model number is WS-48311. Here is what is happening, when I try to turn the TV on with the remote and on the TV itself, the green light comes on for about 5 seconds, there is a clicking noise, and then the green light goes off and there is no picture or sound. I have unplugged the TV from the outlet for 4 hours as instructed and I have the same problem.

#3 ·
Hello,
It sounds like it has a major issue. Given the age, you might want to look at a new Mitsubishi RPTV. They are unbelievably well priced for the size of the Screen. You could get a Model like the WD-65737 which is a 65 Inch 3D Ready RPTV for around 1000 Dollars.

Also Best Buy has a 60 Inch Model on sale for 899 as well which is 3D as well:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mitsubi...HDTV/9966999.p?id=1218202944577&skuId=9966999
Often when I link to Best Buy, the Link does not work, however if it does not show just search for Mitsubishi TV's at Bestbuy.com

Given it costs around 100 Dollars just to get a Repairman to come to your House, I really think getting a new one would be the way to go. Moreover, there have been many advancements in 8 years. In addition, you could put your old TV on Craigslist or Ebay as is and perhaps get 100 Dollars or more to offset what you are spending. It is awesome that Mitsubishi only charges 100 Dollars for Replacement Lamps when other Microdisplay Brands charge up to 300 Dollars or more.
Cheers,
JJ

#4 ·
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.