Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Mitsubishi VS-5403 Jagged Red Lines

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mechman 
#1 · (Edited)
Model Number is VS-5043!!!!

Im trying to give the old TV a tune up for use in my garage. After a hurricane came through, we hooked up the main power line to the house with a generator to entertain. The TV worked completely fine until then. After being hooked up to the generator, the TV started getting jagged red horizontal lines. Im thinking it has something to do with convergence obviously.. Also, it appears that the generator and projection TV wasn't that great of an idea. Something obviously happened when receiving an electrical supply from the generator. The TV works fine for about 20 minutes with all colors in line and then the jagged lines start appearing. Is it something warming up and then failing? Of course the caveman technique of tapping the sides gets them to go away, but sooner or later they will re-appear (about 2-3 minute intervals). What parts should I be looking to replace? If I cant figure out how to replace the part, Ive got a couple friends who are more in to electronics than I am so I know I can get the job done.

The local TV shop wants 100 to even look at it and ive heard horror stories of them taking over 5 months to fix something and charging 700+ dollars. Might as well buy a new TV rather than pay them to fix an old one.

Heres a picture of what the TV is doing.

click here

The lines are not frozen, they are moving erratically.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.