WD62528/v28+ Chassis Repair Help Needed

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  desertpatriot 
#1 · (Edited)
have:
-mitsubishi WD62528 w/ v28+ chassis
-mitsubishi repair manuals. downloaded almost every manual from mits tech site
-DVOM, standard soldering iron

symptoms/issues:
BGLOD -green timer light next to the power button flashes continuously for a few minutes then stops -no other lights are present and no picture. sometimes the reset button needs to be pushed and/or unplug the tv from receptacle to make picture appear. this process is repeated two-three times before a blue screen appears as well as a steady green timer light then finally a picture
note: when the green timer light is steady there is a fan noise coming from inside the tv

observation:
chassis pulls right out with ease. PWB is easily accessible. Jamicon caps look normal on PWB

request:
would like a basic trouble shooting guide, instructions on what caps to purchase, what caps to replace, tips on soldering etc. any help advice, recommendations etc. would be appreciated -i may be a layman in the tv repair field but i'm quite technical and can learn fast:)
note: tried contacting www.tvrepairkits.com twice via email but never heard back. hmm...

question:
current firmware version is 007.02. would it make any difference if i upgrade to the most current firmware version 7.07?

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll look that up next week. I haven't worked on enough V28 chassis to be much help off the top of my head.

However, if you have the DM out, look for a group of 1000uf 10v capacitors. Also check the connections to the E2P board (a small PCB plugged in to the DM). Anything more will have to wait till then.

Good luck,
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.