Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Mitsubishi 55711 Stuck in Device Menu

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
Somehow I am stuck in the device menu on a WS-55711 Mitsubishi. The menu displays constantly and rapidly changes from one device to another. Neither the remote nor front panel controls are responsive. Have tried system reset (repeatedly), and unplugging and leaving TV off for up to 24 hours without any improvement. I have also tried every combination of control panel key presses I could think of. Error codes display as 1-2 which as I understand are normal. If I power up the TV and leave the power button depressed while powering up, the display comes up without the device menu; however, as soon as I release the power button, it returns. In this state, the TV completely ignores the remote.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I have tried everything I can think of over the past two days trying to get rid of the device menu to no avail. I keep hoping there is some magical combination of front panel button presses that will get rid of the device menu.

Thanks to all. Happy New Year.

...Tony

#2 ·
Most likely a stuck front panel button or defective tact switch there. I would unplug the connector going to the control panel and see if ou have response with the remote.

#3 ·
Leonard...

Thank you for the suggestion. I will attempt to figure out how to disconnect the control panel and see if that fixes things. That theory certainly fits the symptoms, although I had not touched the control panel when the problem occurred. But I'll give it a try.

Thanks for taking the time to reply on New Year's Day!

...Tony

#4 ·
Hi Tony

I ran across the problem that you are having:
Somehow I am stuck in the device menu on a WS-55711 Mitsubishi. The menu displays constantly and rapidly changes from one device to another. Neither the remote nor front panel controls are responsive. Have tried system reset (repeatedly), and unplugging and leaving TV off for up to 24 hours without any improvement

Did you ever find a fix for this?? I am having the exact same issue with my system
Please advise

Alan

#5 ·
Alan...

While it was some time ago and I was using a TV in a rented condominium, I believe the owner subsequently called a TV repair person who ended up disconnecting the control panel on the TV. The TV could then be controlled using the remote, but the control panel no longer worked. At least that is what I remember. Since it wasn't my television, I didn't feel comfortable tearing into it. But I believe the solution was exactly as lcaillo had originally recommended.

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.