INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Arrives on Digital HD September 27 and on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D Blu-ray Oct. 18! - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 9 Old 08-23-16, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Arrives on Digital HD September 27 and on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D Blu-ray Oct. 18!

Quote:
Independence Day: Resurgence
Twenty years after mysterious aliens nearly wiped out humankind, they’re back with a vengeance in this explosive sequel to the original blockbuster hit, INDEPENDENCE DAY! Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth developed a vast defense program to protect the planet, led by Jeff Goldblum, returning as brilliant scientist David Levinson. But nothing could prepare us for a new invasion of unprecedented scale—and only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can save our world from extinction. Co-starring Liam Hemsworth and Jesse T. Usher alongside returning fan favorites Bill Pullman and Brent Spiner, INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE is an action-packed thrill ride from start to finish!

Amazing special features include eight deleted scenes, a featurette on “The War of 1996,” the morning show parody “It’s Early, ABQ” featuring Jeff Goldblum, Judd Hirsch and
Liam Hemsworth, a gag reel, audio commentary from Roland Emmerich, the documentary “Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence and more.

Independence Day: Resurgence Special Features (Available on All Formats)

Eight Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
The War of 1996
It’s Early, ABQ!
Another Day: The Making of Independence Day: Resurgence (available as Digital HD Extra on DVD only)
Gag Reel
Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
Concept Art
Theatrical Trailers and TV Spot

Independence Day: Resurgence 4K Ultra HD Disc:
Street Date: October 18, 2016
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.39:1)
Audio: English Dolby Atmos / English Descriptive Audio 5.1 /
Spanish 5.1 DD / French 5.1 DTS
Subtitles: English / French / Spanish
Total Run Time: Approximately 120 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG-13
Closed Captioned: Yes

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D Blu-ray:
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD-MA / English Descriptive Audio 5.1
Spanish 5.1 DD / French 5.1 DD

Independence Day: Resurgence Blu-ray:
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD-MA / English Descriptive Audio 5.1
Spanish 5.1 DD / French 5.1 DD

Independence Day: Resurgence DVD:
Audio: English 5.1 DD / English Descriptive Audio 5.1
Spanish 2.0 Surround DD / French 2.0 Surround DD
Subtitles: English / French/ Spanish

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-23-16, 08:20 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Russ

My System
Re: INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Arrives on Digital HD September 27 and on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D Blu-ray Oct. 18!

This movie was a big let down for me, but a decent A/V experience in the theater.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #3 of 9 Old 08-23-16, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
Re: INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE Arrives on Digital HD September 27 and on Blu-ray, DVD, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D Blu-ray Oct. 18!

that it was, it should make for good demo material, but it was a bit weak in the plot department
post #4 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 11:32 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

I might just wait until this is "free" on Netflix. I really should update my VHS copy of the original first.
post #5 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
Blacklightning wrote: View Post
I might just wait until this is "free" on Netflix. I really should update my VHS copy of the original first.
the new Anniversary edition of the Blu-ray or the 4K Blu-ray are the best the original has ever looked AND include the extended cut that was missing on the first Blu-ray release.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 02:17 PM
Shackster
Eric LeClair

I'm so shocked to see that this movie was actually released already? I guess I'll wait till it shows up on Netflix. The first ID was awesome tho. When Will Smith was actually a normal human being.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

it's actually not that soon. 3 months is average and it will be 3 months and 4 days when it's released on blu-ray/3D/4K
post #8 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 02:50 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Yes, it seems like as soon as Movie is out of theaters it goes straight to DVD. Then it will get picked up from streaming sites a week later for sale and then rent. Next "Free" sites like Netflix will have them in a year. Things happen so quick now a days.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-24-16, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

yup, it used to be a full YEAR when I was a lot younger for movies to hit on DVD or VHS... then it was 6 months a few years back and finally it's 3 months... I'm feeling old