Win Season 1 of Falling Skies on Blu-ray - Home Theater Forum and Systems -

post #1 of 23 Old 06-11-12, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
HTS Hillbilly
HTS Administrator
I'm a redneck!
My System
Win Season 1 of Falling Skies on Blu-ray

Two-Hour Season Premiere Sunday, June 17 at 9/8c

Win a Blu-ray copy of Season 1 compliments of Dolby!

FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency against the occupying alien force.

At the center of the series is Tom Mason (Noah Wyle), a Boston history professor whose family was torn apart. Tom must put his extensive knowledge of military history to the test as one of the leaders of the Boston-born resistance movement known as the 2nd Mass. Tom will do anything for his sons, including Ben, who was recently rescued from alien control, but is still extremely vulnerable. The last we see Tom, he is stepping onboard an alien craft, surrendering himself in attempt to save his son.

Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a pediatrician who becomes the primary medic of the 2nd Mass. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT’s Into the West) plays a fierce leader of the resistance, Captain Weaver. The series also stars Drew Roy (Secretariat) as Hal, Tom’s oldest son and a growing fighter in the resistance movement; Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom’s youngest son; Connor Jessup (The Saddle Club) as Ben, Tom’s recently rescued son; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, a former med student and Dr. Glass’ only support. Colin Cunningham (Living in Your Car) is John Pope, a rebel who will stop at nothing to kill the aliens and Sarah Carter (Shark) is Margaret, a wary survivor of Pope’s gang.

FALLING SKIES focuses on the resilience of the survivors and their determination to maintain their humanity when all else has been destroyed. It is a tale of endurance, commitment and courage in which everyday people are called upon to become heroes. They may be outmatched, outnumbered and outgunned, but nothing can beat the human spirit. Most of all, the series is about the ties that bind people together in the most difficult of circumstances.

The aliens in the series are mighty, mysterious and merciless. They are highly intelligent and use military-like tactics, which makes them an overwhelming force against the 2nd Mass. There are three types of alien threat that the human survivors have named Skitters, Mechs and Overlords. The spider-like Skitters are simultaneously vicious killers and a nurturing family for the captured children. The deadly, robotic Mechs are controlled by the Skitters and pose the biggest risk on the ground, as their advanced weaponry and armor can take out many fighters without taking a dent. The Overlords are still a great mystery, but appear to be the real ones in charge of this invasion. The aliens control captured children, like Tom’s son Ben, through bio-mechanical harnesses but have yet to reveal their ultimate plan for them.

FALLING SKIES is executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, along with DreamWorks Television heads Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, Remi Aubuchon and screenwriter Robert Rodat. Rodat, who earned an Oscar® nomination for his screenplay for Saving Private Ryan, wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg. Mark Verheiden (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica) serves as a consulting producer and Greg Beeman (Heroes, Smallville) serves co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move, Out of Time).

All you have to do to win the first season on Blu-ray is have 10 posts in the forums and post in this thread.

We will draw for a winner around the end of June 2012.

I watched the first season and enjoyed it fairly well... and plan to watch the second season and see where they will go with it.

Cedar Creek Cinema

PremierHomeAudio: Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Def Tech and more. Shoot me a PM!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 23 Old 06-11-12, 12:20 PM
Elite Shackster
My System
Re: Win Season 1 of Falling Skies on Blu-ray

Looks like a great series. I'm In.
post #3 of 23 Old 06-11-12, 12:37 PM
Senior Shackster

I'm not familiar with it, but definitely plan to check it out.

post #4 of 23 Old 06-11-12, 08:35 PM
Elite Shackster
My System

I haven't followed this series at all and it does sound interesting.
I would like to be entered into the drawing

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #5 of 23 Old 06-11-12, 08:45 PM
Elite Shackster
My System
Anything done by Spielberg is worth checking out. Throw my name in the hat and thanks Sonnie.
post #6 of 23 Old 06-12-12, 12:09 AM
Senior Shackster
My System

Count me in! I have only seen bits and pieces of the show, but it looks intriguing...

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

The Overlook Theater - Not liable for injuries sustained while laughing.
post #7 of 23 Old 06-12-12, 07:17 AM
Senior Shackster
My System

Please count me in. Saw a pre-view of Falling Skies and it looks promising.

I would have written less but I didn't have the time.
post #8 of 23 Old 06-12-12, 10:14 AM
Senior Shackster

I have only OTA HD, so I need to win this to see it!
post #9 of 23 Old 06-12-12, 12:07 PM
My System

Just finished Walking Dead. Really enjoying the survialists type of shows right now.

Please enter me also.
post #10 of 23 Old 06-12-12, 02:06 PM
HTS Administrator
News Editor
Todd Anderson
My System

Sounds very cool... I'd like to be entered!

bluray , falling , season , skies , win

Quick Reply

Register Now

Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page