Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What movie did you watch last night?

299K views 4K replies 230 participants last post by  ritawong 
#1 ·
I thought this might be a fun ongoing thread. You get to see what others are watching and may find a new movie for your collection. New, old, color, B&W, foreign, concert or whatever...its all good.

I'll start with an excellent animated flick with rich detail and a good soundtrack: Tim Burton's Nine

See less See more
Reactions: RobKnapp
#3,941 ·
Attempted to see "The Witch" in theaters. I was noticing during the trailers that the sound was off and there was a hum from the surrounds that did not go away when the movie started. After about 10 minutes I couldn't take it anymore and walked out. They offered a movie pass to return another time but I informed them that I was not interested in ever going back to that theater so they gave me a refund. This is not the first time I have had problems in that theater and now I really have no desire to go back there.

#3,959 ·
We watched The Good Dinosaur tonight with the kids. They enjoyed it a lot and the older two were crying happy tears at the end. It was pretty good for me. I am amazed at how good animated water can be made to look these days. And the soundtrack was really immersive as well. Good show, but geared a bit more to the kids I think.

#3,961 ·
I didn't see BB until it hit Netflix and it was a power watching experience.
The show deserves all the accolades and hype it has received.
At the same time the story really is tragic.
I couldn't take my eyes off of it though and I never guessed who would ultimately walk away alive.

I am watching Better Call Saul mostly real time and I am really enjoying that too.
Up to this point BCS is not nearly as dark as BB.

#3,968 ·
Over the weekend we watched Brooklyn. Enjoyable show, assuming you like that sort of thing. All the lovely Irish accents didn't hurt either :smile:

I also watched Batman v Superman at the theater. I would say it was just okay. And like most every time I go to the theater (rare these days), I was reminded of how harsh, shrill and generally too loud the sound is. Much prefer watching at home. Maybe I need to try a different theater . . .

#3,973 ·
my opinion. Lex was the worst part of the movie. Eisenberg is one of the worst castings I've seen in quite a while. I like the guy in his films, but this was just bad casting all around. Not to mention a mediocre movie that certainly deserves it's rotten tomatoes score

Affleck on the other hand just crushed it. He was one of the best Batman's I've seen beside Keaton (I always thought Bale was way over rated)

#3,970 ·
^ With the disclaimer that my exposure to DC comics is only movies I've seen (never was a comics guy) . . .

I thought the portrayal was quite good. He comes off as genius, diabolical and somewhat crazed and unstable mentally. Frankly it might have been the best performance in the show, IMO.

#3,972 ·
Haha, well, since I'm an infallible professional movie critic, you can't disagree with me . . . Oh, wait . . .

Just rewatched the trailer, and you don't get any sense of his performance in it. Especially the part played for humor. Actually, I think every bit of humor in the whole show was revealed in the trailer. For the record, I like Amy Adams in this too.

I'd be interested in your take on Lex Luthor in this show after you've seen it.

#3,977 ·
Well, there you have it. :D Since my familiarity with DC comics is about zero, I probably misunderstand Lex Luthor's character completely.

And there goes my dubious credibility as a movie critic too. :rofl:

But then again, that might be why you saw it for what is, as interpreted by Jesse eisenburg. I've always thought he was too much of a sniveler to deliver a greet Lex.(gene Hackman?) I think he was typecast when he did the voiceover on Rio(good movie). You can critique. We won't hold this against you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3,987 ·
Tonight we will watch Mockingjay part 2.

#3,989 ·
The Hateful Eight for me last night....and just put it in for a second view before returning it....beautiful job by ol' QT. A touch gory but that's okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.