What movie did you watch last night? - Page 116 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1151 of 4220 Old 09-21-13, 11:07 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Watching Mud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1152 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 12:38 PM
Senior Shackster

Watched 'Close Encounters Of The Third Kind' on blu ray last night.

This movie was a real treat to watch. The picture quality was simply superb considering its age with deep, solid blacks and a nice, consistent film like look. I felt like I was at the theater. The sound was also good but not quite as good as the PQ in my opinion although there was some hefty LFE at times.

Very enjoyable.
post #1153 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 12:56 PM
Elite Shackster

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

After watching Fox TV show Sleepy Hollow the other day, I decided to watch my dvd copy of the movie Sleepy Hollow from 1999 which has Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci. The best part of the movie is the score. The score is just very good. Not a great movie but has some good funny moments and Depp does an outstanding job playing Ichabod Crane. Highly recommended!
post #1154 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 07:51 PM
Shackster

Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
After watching Fox TV show Sleepy Hollow the other day, I decided to watch my dvd copy of the movie Sleepy Hollow from 1999 which has Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci. The best part of the movie is the score. The score is just very good. Not a great movie but has some good funny moments and Depp does an outstanding job playing Ichabod Crane. Highly recommended!
I'm going to have to pick that one up it's a great movie and Sleepy Hollow on Fox is a great new show
post #1155 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 08:04 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
We will be watching Cinderella On BD tonight
post #1156 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 08:08 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Watching the Emmy Awards!
post #1157 of 4220 Old 09-22-13, 09:35 PM

Ron

My System

We watched the latest "Tron" movies last night... My wife and I both really like it. I noticed there is a Sequel coming out in 2014 too.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #1158 of 4220 Old 09-23-13, 08:56 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Finally got to see Now You See Me on bluray from Netflix. I will say after reading all the mediocre reviews of this movie that I went into it with very low expectations and found that I rather enjoyed it. It was a fun movie and well worth a rental.
post #1159 of 4220 Old 09-23-13, 09:51 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Watched Parker and Erased yesterday. Enjoyed them both
post #1160 of 4220 Old 09-23-13, 10:42 AM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

I watched Argo. I thought it was good.

Thank you Canada!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.