What movie did you watch last night? - Page 148 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1471 of 4220 Old 11-17-13, 06:59 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Wow, a movie that I was really impressed with. Hugely enjoyed Perfect Pitch (2012). A fairly high energy movie about A Ceppella groups competing against each other for the national championship. Great story, lots of young beautiful people, very funny made me smile all the way through and laugh uncontrollably many times, incredible music selections and excellent singing throughout. One of the freshest and funniest movies that I have seen in a long time. I can't go lower than 5 stars for this great movie.

W o o f e r h o u n d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 4220 Old 11-17-13, 08:46 PM
Senior Shackster

This weekend my wife and I watched Pacific Rim and White House Down, both on blu-ray and I watched Skyfall on Roku. We love sci-fi and action movies and while niether of the first 2 were what we would consider good films we were loved them! Found them both entertaining with Pacific Rim just big fun.
post #1473 of 4220 Old 11-19-13, 12:40 AM
Senior Shackster

Did a double movie night from the Redbox machine . . .

First up was Mud (2012) a real down to earth movie about 2 young boys trying to help a stranger they find living on an island in the river. Very good acting, a great story that rang through without much action or music to carry it through. I must throw 4 stars at this one.

The second one to get spun up was Now You See Me (2013) a decent film about magicians that are robbing banks as part of their show and the FBI trying to catch them doing it. The story was a bit of a stretch and the music was a little cheesy, but if you just go with the flow and let yourself enjoy it, it's fun to watch and entertaining enough to get 3 stars.

W o o f e r h o u n d
post #1474 of 4220 Old 11-19-13, 05:49 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
We watched Turbo the other night my daughter really enjoyed it and my son couldn't take his eyes of the screen, overall I thought the movie was very entertaining

What movie did you watch last night?-image-124801163.jpg
post #1475 of 4220 Old 11-19-13, 09:23 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Quote:
WooferHound wrote: View Post
Did a double movie night from the Redbox machine . . .

First up was Mud (2012) a real down to earth movie about 2 young boys trying to help a stranger they find living on an island in the river. Very good acting, a great story that rang through without much action or music to carry it through. I must throw 4 stars at this one.

The second one to get spun up was Now You See Me (2013) a decent film about magicians that are robbing banks as part of their show and the FBI trying to catch them doing it. The story was a bit of a stretch and the music was a little cheesy, but if you just go with the flow and let yourself enjoy it, it's fun to watch and entertaining enough to get 3 stars.
Blimey! At worst, I'd have been looking for a sharp implement; at best, a sizeable quantity of no-doze, if I had to watch those two again, especially back to back. Was really disappointed with both, especially having bought them both. Mud was a real disappointment, as I bought it after seeing 98% and 100% reviews on RT. "So did Mud" is now my standard response to "it got great reviews"
post #1476 of 4220 Old 11-22-13, 02:26 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Just got back from the movies with my wife and saw a double feature of The Hunger Games followed by Catching Fire. Great movie! We really enjoyed it. For me I saw where it was going and it was somewhat predictable and I know nothing about the books or anything but nonetheless I would highly recommend it.
post #1477 of 4220 Old 11-22-13, 02:28 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

i watched green lantern a bit ago.
post #1478 of 4220 Old 11-22-13, 10:45 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Rented "The Kids are Alright" on bluray from Netflix. Very enjoyable comedy drama about the children of a same sex couple that seek out their sperm donor father.
post #1479 of 4220 Old 11-22-13, 11:17 AM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Quote:
Mike0206 wrote: View Post
Just got back from the movies with my wife and saw a double feature of The Hunger Games followed by Catching Fire. Great movie! We really enjoyed it. For me I saw where it was going and it was somewhat predictable and I know nothing about the books or anything but nonetheless I would highly recommend it.
We did something similar. Watched The Hunger Games at home last weekend, in preparation for watching Catching Fire at the theater last night. Enjoyed them both. Unlike you I did not see the end coming.

Going to the theater reminds me why I don't go to the theater. We actually did it this time only because it was free to us. I figure if I avoid the movie theater for the rest of my life, maybe it will pay for my setup at home. Maybe Anyway, as with every theater I've been to, the sound was a little on the bright and harsh side and the bass not quite up to par. We had assigned seating as well, which in our case put us considerably closer to the screen than I like to be. Resolution and action scenes with a lot of motion suffered because of it. Still, had a good time.
post #1480 of 4220 Old 11-22-13, 11:44 AM
Shackster
Josh

Finally got to watch "The Conjuring". Creepy movie in my opinion! I was so glad to see a scary show where the creeped out people weren't walking around in the dark with light switches all around them. Who does that? Ha ha.