What movie did you watch last night? - Page 154 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1531 of 4220 Old 12-05-13, 04:48 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
A little late to the game.. But we are watching the great gatsby tonight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 05:07 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman
Watched IP Man for the 1st time yesterday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #1533 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 07:47 AM
Senior Shackster

2001 a space odyssey on blu-ray
post #1534 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 02:00 PM

Ron

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

We watched Thunderball, and Bridesmaid last night. I enjoy watching the Bond movies but the old ones are so fake when they have fight scenes. Bridesmaid had us cracking up for the whole movie.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

post #1535 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 03:26 PM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Jack Reacher and Oblivion today

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #1536 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 04:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Quote:
hyghwayman wrote: View Post
Jack Reacher and Oblivion today
both great IMO
post #1537 of 4220 Old 12-06-13, 04:36 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Last night I saw Old Boy. I enjoyed the original Korean version when I saw it many years ago despite how disturbing it was. With this remake I think they changed the ending a bit because it felt different but I can't really put my finger on it, I need to watch the older version (at least the end) to remember what the difference was and to see which is better.

Be warned, this is a disturbing movie with lots of gory violence so if you're a fan of that stuff you'll enjoy it, otherwise steer clear. When it's over you'll wonder what you just watched and you may not even know if it was a waste of time or not. At the very least it's unique and will keep you guessing until the end (unless you've seen the original).
post #1538 of 4220 Old 12-08-13, 12:20 AM
Senior Shackster

Polar Express 3D blu-ray. A lotta fun with some great LFE.
post #1539 of 4220 Old 12-08-13, 06:29 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Wife and I watched The Great Gatsby last night. I enjoyed the movie but it was not what I was expecting after see the trailers. I never read the book and was thinking it would be funny, light and airy but it seemed to be a lot sadder, heavier.

Quote:
Mike0206 wrote: View Post
both great IMO
Of the two, I enjoyed Reacher the most, again never read the book.

Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
Last night I saw Old Boy. I enjoyed the original Korean version when I saw it many years ago despite how disturbing it was. With this remake I think they changed the ending a bit because it felt different but I can't really put my finger on it, I need to watch the older version (at least the end) to remember what the difference was and to see which is better.

Be warned, this is a disturbing movie with lots of gory violence so if you're a fan of that stuff you'll enjoy it, otherwise steer clear. When it's over you'll wonder what you just watched and you may not even know if it was a waste of time or not. At the very least it's unique and will keep you guessing until the end (unless you've seen the original).
My son suggested this one to me and after reading your post I think I might give it a look.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #1540 of 4220 Old 12-08-13, 10:41 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Watched White House Down. It is similar to Olympus has Fallen but I thought Olympus was better. The storyline for Olymous was more solid and so was the sound.