What movie did you watch last night? - Page 164 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1631 of 4220 Old 12-27-13, 10:44 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

We got The Croods for Christmas and watched it last night. Everyone enjoyed it a lot and it was a gorgeous transfer. Sound was great too. Recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1632 of 4220 Old 12-27-13, 11:04 PM
HTS Moderator
doug

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

We watched Wolverine last night and all enjoyed it. Up next is We're the Millers, which I heard is hilarious.
post #1633 of 4220 Old 12-28-13, 05:35 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
dougc wrote: View Post
We watched Wolverine last night and all enjoyed it. Up next is We're the Millers, which I heard is hilarious.
It was the funniest movie I have seen this year. Very crude in parts but if you can handle that you should enjoy it.
post #1634 of 4220 Old 12-28-13, 08:06 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
It was the funniest movie I have seen this year. Very crude in parts but if you can handle that you should enjoy it.
Yes, We're The Millers was really good, but it does get stupid and corny in places. Still very much worth giving the disc a spin.

W o o f e r h o u n d
post #1635 of 4220 Old 12-28-13, 10:14 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

I watched Pacific Rim for the second time. The first was at Sonnie's, this time on my rather modest theater system. Comparing the two experiences was interesting. I have a 50" Panasonic PDP, 5 in wall MTX speakers, 2 12" IB subs in the ceiling and drive it all with an Onkyo 709 AVR and an Adcom GFA 5400 (subs). Sonnie has a projector and a truly massive audio system. What stuck me was how I felt no dissatisfaction with the audio on my system, but did wish for a larger screen. Now my system will not jar your bones like his will, but it was certainly adequate. I never felt that I wanted more. I certainly do when listening to music, but for movies and television, it actually works pretty well.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #1636 of 4220 Old 12-28-13, 10:40 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters - it was a fairly enjoyable movie. I think the kids liked it more than I did.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #1637 of 4220 Old 12-28-13, 11:32 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Watched Violet and Daisy. The film was interesting with the late Gandolfini.
post #1638 of 4220 Old 12-29-13, 01:10 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Just watched Django Unchained.
post #1639 of 4220 Old 12-29-13, 09:32 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
Just watched Django Unchained.
Just watched it for first time last week b4 we started our potter marathon. My wife did not like it so I was left finishing it on my own. I enjoyed it just kept telling myself what did you expect from Quentin Tarantino.
post #1640 of 4220 Old 12-30-13, 05:39 PM
Senior Shackster

Not a movie again but I watched UFC 168 yesterday. I'm not sure how many of yall are fight fans or if anybody here watched it, but it was mostly a bunch of great fights with a really sad and disappointing end for the Silva/Weidman rematch.