What movie did you watch last night? - Page 176 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1751 of 4225 Old 01-20-14, 02:47 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Watched You're Next tonight. Very gruesome violence but good.
Quality gruesome violence with a decent underlying storyline, compared to the cheesy, comical typical gory films.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1752 of 4225 Old 01-20-14, 06:09 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post

Quality gruesome violence with a decent underlying storyline, compared to the cheesy, comical typical gory films.
The guy walking with arrow in his back was cheesy but overall a fun movie.

Last edited by asere; 01-20-14 at 06:37 PM.
post #1753 of 4225 Old 01-21-14, 10:24 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Last night I saw Battleship and then with the kids saw James and the Giant Peach.
post #1754 of 4225 Old 01-21-14, 10:28 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Rented "We're the Millers" on bluray from Netflix. I went into this movie with fairly low expectations and was surprised at how many laugh out loud moments it had. I thought it was a much better comedy than my last movie "The Heat"
post #1755 of 4225 Old 01-21-14, 10:49 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman
Watched Prisoners yesterday, ummmm glad my boys are adults and bigger than me now but would still go to the ends of the earth and my last breath to find them if they ever disappeared!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #1756 of 4225 Old 01-21-14, 12:30 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
Rented "We're the Millers" on bluray from Netflix. I went into this movie with fairly low expectations and was surprised at how many laugh out loud moments it had. I thought it was a much better comedy than my last movie "The Heat"
Same here. I was surprised how much I laughed at this one
post #1757 of 4225 Old 01-21-14, 01:23 PM
Shackster

Documentary, "Short Game" pretty interesting about the lives of competitive golfers at the ages of 6 and 7. Crazy how intense and driven these kids are at that age. Netflix Original
post #1758 of 4225 Old 01-23-14, 07:54 PM
Shackster

My System

I watched the Riddick: The Complete Collection on Blu-ray.
The collection contains Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, and the animated movie The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury and the newest Riddick. Yes I am a Vin Diesel fan and enjoy all of his movies.

I'm from Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.
post #1759 of 4225 Old 01-24-14, 08:39 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Blue Jasmin - Good but no typical Woody Allen.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #1760 of 4225 Old 01-25-14, 01:01 AM
Senior Shackster

'The Conjuring' on blu ray. Wow. I haven't enjoyed a horror flick that much since I don't remember when. I found it to be thoroughly frightening and entertaining. Played back at -2.0 from 0 reference. Awesome. Killer LFE. My fiancÚ, my brother and I were breathless during many of the most frightening scenes and physically and/or vocally reacted one way or another during those scenes also. A lot of fun.

Unfortunately I followed that great horror film up with one of the absolute worst horror movies I've ever seen. Rob Zombie's 2007 remake of 'Halloween'. Boring. Not scary at all and it relies far too heavily on outright and unscary brutality, gratuitous and uninspiring sex scenes, young and very slutty characters and every horror movie cliche imaginable. What a snorer.