What movie did you watch last night? - Page 188 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #1871 of 4224 Old 02-26-14, 11:26 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds at radio city music hall. (Movie?) seen it prob close to 50 times. Love it more each time. Sounds great.
That is one of my favorite concert blu-ray's. Dave and Tim are always excellent together and that show was no exception.
To me that was one of the first disks that really showed the audio potential for the blu ray format.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1872 of 4224 Old 02-26-14, 11:49 AM
Senior Shackster

Watched something on netflix called Saving General Yang. It was ok. I was expecting it to be better for some reason. Netflix needs to do better on the descriptions though. I've come across several that were incorrect (like the one for this movie).
post #1873 of 4224 Old 02-26-14, 01:35 PM
Shackster

3 days to kill
New film from Kevin kostner excellent great sound
post #1874 of 4224 Old 02-26-14, 01:53 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
That is one of my favorite concert blu-ray's. Dave and Tim are always excellent together and that show was no exception. To me that was one of the first disks that really showed the audio potential for the blu ray format.
True dat!
post #1875 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 10:44 AM
Senior Shackster

Dan

Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
I think you're onto something there, this was at my door after the last "so called" earthquake here in So Cal:

Coincidence? I think not
All I can say is it's a good thing you got the survival guide. One can never be too prepared.
post #1876 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 10:46 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Watched gravity last night. Good film, the audio and video were great!
post #1877 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 10:48 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
PassingInterest wrote: View Post
All I can say is it's a good thing you got the survival guide. One can never be too prepared.
between this and the Zombie apocalypse you can't be too prepared.
post #1878 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 12:44 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Pulled a double header last night with Thor: The Dark World and Nebraska. Two very different movies with the same end result. I really enjoyed the new Thor and was very impressed with the audio side. Nebraska was easily one of the better movies I've seen in quite some time. It was a bit different starting out and felt very low budget and cheap. It's the first movie I've ever seen with a 3.0 audio mix and seemingly shot in black and white. Nebraska was about the story and journey and a real treat to watch. Highly recommended!
post #1879 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 01:32 PM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

Quote:
Paxonator wrote: View Post
I watched Bad Grandpa last night. I was a little disappointed actually. Few funny parts but they tried to make a plot line and it was poor. Greatly preferred the original Jackass movies.
I agree 100%
Wife rented it from RB and asked me to watch it with her, she seemed to enjoy it so it wasn't a total loss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #1880 of 4224 Old 02-27-14, 09:28 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
We just wrapped up Thor the dark world. I thought it was pretty good, maybe better next time we watch it we should have our center channel back and hopefully we won't have to pause it so much.
Wife was kind enough to buy Thor and Gravity Tuesday. We watched the new Thor last night and we both really enjoyed it. Loki was quit funny and made us laugh. Just finished Gravity on blu ray 3d and it was great also. The lfe in both movies was fun. Gravity made our teeth chatter we were both surprised.