What movie did you watch last night? - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #191 of 4225 Old 04-08-13, 10:41 PM
Senior Shackster

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

I watched Skyfall a week ago from Redbox. Is this the first time that James Bond did Not get the girl ?

W o o f e r h o u n d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 4225 Old 04-08-13, 10:42 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
WooferHound wrote: View Post
I watched Skyfall a week ago from Redbox. Is this the first time that James Bond did Not get the girl ?
And the first film if I remember correctly were he used hardly any fun gadgets.
post #193 of 4225 Old 04-09-13, 11:50 AM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

I got roped into Breaking Dawn 2 with my wife. Wow. Utter and complete trash. I thought the others were bad, but they managed to outdo themselves on this (thankfully) final installment with atrocious acting, uninspiring lines, terrible special effects (what's with the CGI baby?!?!?!? Super deep in that uncanny valley), shoddy cinematography...need I go on? You know it's going to be bad when your wife prefaces the movie with "save the mocking and laughing for afterwards". Oh well, she puts up with my movies (and likes most of them ), so why not humor her as much as possible?
post #194 of 4225 Old 04-09-13, 11:56 AM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to cavchameleon

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
And the first film if I remember correctly were he used hardly any fun gadgets.
Yea, I was surprised about that - no fun toys really to speak of (just a location transmitter). He did get the girl though, until she was killed.

Ray

Happy Listening!!! Listen with an open mind and heart!!!
post #195 of 4225 Old 04-09-13, 12:17 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
cavchameleon wrote: View Post

Yea, I was surprised about that - no fun toys really to speak of (just a location transmitter). He did get the girl though, until she was killed.
Yes I wondered why he did not intervene before maybe could have saved her. Ok reality check it was part of the script lol!
post #196 of 4225 Old 04-09-13, 12:29 PM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
And the first film if I remember correctly where he used hardly any fun gadgets.
That really was a big disappointment. Q was quite the letdown, and a gun that fires only for the intended person is pretty lame. However, I'd like to think that the director, or whomever made the decision for no fun toys, did it intentionally. Possibly for a greater appreciation for even more awesome toys next time around???
post #197 of 4225 Old 04-09-13, 02:15 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Finally got to see The Master last night and wow that was not an easy movie to watch. I found it engrossing and uncomfortable at the same time but I enjoyed it. Excellent performances from everyone.
post #198 of 4225 Old 04-10-13, 06:13 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
pharoah wrote: View Post
it was cool to see how bilbo originally got the ring.
Or how the ring got Bilbo...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #199 of 4225 Old 04-11-13, 02:07 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I watched Django....I thought it was a great movie.
Action, story line, cinematography, sound. Well done.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
post #200 of 4225 Old 04-11-13, 03:06 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Killing Them Softly. Went into it not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.