Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What movie did you watch last night?

299K views 4K replies 230 participants last post by  ritawong 
#1 ·
I thought this might be a fun ongoing thread. You get to see what others are watching and may find a new movie for your collection. New, old, color, B&W, foreign, concert or whatever...its all good.

I'll start with an excellent animated flick with rich detail and a good soundtrack: Tim Burton's Nine

See less See more
Reactions: RobKnapp
#10 ·
Watched "Water for Elephants". Hal Holbrook would have stolen the show were it not for his limited parts at the beginning and end. Good cinematography, casting, and acting but there were some weak points to the plot (too much like the "good" guy stealing the "bad" guys wife and the bad guy wasn't bad enough - he even had a good side at times), and the ending was just a bit flat, but ok movie.

#16 ·
Oooooh, I did not realize this was out. Wait, is this still in theaters?

I watched 'Contact' directed by Robert Zemeckis. I love that film. Still stands today as a great example of 'invisible' special effects. Also one of the best intros to a movie ever. Stonking audio.
Agreed - really like this one too....

#18 ·
Tonight my grandson (10) picked John Carter. The movie tanked at the box office but I found it entertaining. Disney gambled on two unknown actors for the lead roles. I think the movie would have done a lot better with a leading man movie goers knew. Still a fun space tale.

#19 ·
Tonight my grandson (10) picked John Carter. The movie tanked at the box office but I found it entertaining. Disney gambled on two unknown actors for the lead roles. I think the movie would have done a lot better with a leading man movie goers knew. Still a fun space tale.
We watched that two weeks ago. Entertaining certainly. My Wife is a huge SciFi reader, and knew this character from Her past reading. She watched it twice.

We enjoy movies without 'Stars' cast in them. Sometimes they are a flop, other times they are done wonderfully.

He sure could jump! :)

#20 ·
Just watched Skyfall and I must say what a great movie. This is one of those movies that makes the projection home theater all worth it. Fantastic cinema, awesome soundtrack and a true theater experience.

#36 ·
Clash of the Titans - nice demigod battles the bad guys. Nice flick and not as graphic or brutal as Immortals. I did notice Apollo in this movie is Zeus in the other. Also the girl Lo in this one is also the princess in Prince of Persia.

#37 ·
The cold light of day......, Here comes the boom.....,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.