What movie did you watch last night? - Page 208 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #2071 of 4220 Old 03-27-14, 12:22 PM
Banned!

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Quote:
mvision7m wrote: View Post
What a coincidence, I bought and watched 'The Usual Suspects' on blu-ray yesterday. ($5.99 @ BB). Good flick. Enjoy.
Sweet. Thanks!

w/Tax, delivered, the blu-ray cost us $9.50 USD.

The nearest BB is twenty-two miles away or round trip, three gallons of gas @ $3.85/gal.

(we're loving it up in the back hills of California's Sierra Nevada mountains above Chico)

It looks like a great noir style movie. Ya gotta love Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri

(the next time we come out of the mountains, we'll stop the local BB and see what their offerings are)

Looking forward to it's arrival.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 4220 Old 03-27-14, 09:57 PM
Shackster

So the last movie I watched was Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. However, I fell asleep halfway. Which is too bad because I was enjoying Hoyte Van Hoytema's cinematography.

I do remember falling asleep during The Good Shepherd too, so it must be something about slow moving spy movies that put me to sleep.
post #2073 of 4220 Old 03-27-14, 11:29 PM
Banned!

My System

In the dark, too much dead or muted air will lull one to sleep. It happens the same way with us every now-and-again.
post #2074 of 4220 Old 03-28-14, 07:58 AM
Shackster
Mark Winstanley

"The Lego Movie" is the last movie watched by me.
post #2075 of 4220 Old 03-28-14, 10:43 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
Markwinstanley wrote: View Post
"The Lego Movie" is the last movie watched by me.
We took all the kids to see that one - I think I actually laughed the most!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #2076 of 4220 Old 03-28-14, 10:57 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Watched The Relic and also Jurassic Park 3
post #2077 of 4220 Old 03-29-14, 12:01 AM
Senior Shackster

The Wolf Of Wall Street on blu-ray. Whoa. Great movie in all the best Scorsese ways. Entertaining, fun, funny, exciting and in it's way, sad and absurd.
post #2078 of 4220 Old 03-29-14, 12:29 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
mvision7m wrote: View Post
The Wolf Of Wall Street on blu-ray. Whoa. Great movie in all the best Scorsese ways. Entertaining, fun, funny, exciting and in it's way, sad and absurd.
I saw a cool documentary on this. It was pretty interesting. I didn't know Leo, and Jonah(kills me!) were friends. Movie looks entertaining!
post #2079 of 4220 Old 03-29-14, 12:34 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
I saw a cool documentary on this. It was pretty interesting. I didn't know Leo, and Jonah(kills me!) were friends. Movie looks entertaining!
It was. Wild ride.

I forgot to mention in my post, for the audiophiles among us that are concerned with the blu-ray's audio quality, I found it to be a touch bright. I have quite a few "reference" grade blu-rays as far as picture and audio quality are concerned and neither of them exhibit an unnaturally bright or hard sound over my system. T.W.O.W.S. had a very minor hint of excessive sibilance and harshness in it's soundtrack over my system that caused me to turn the volume down a couple of clicks.

The movie as a whole was still a ton of fun.
post #2080 of 4220 Old 03-29-14, 01:06 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Frozen - very good movie! And I'm not usually that fond of musicals. It is painfully obvious what direction Disney on Ice will be going in the future though.

Next two on tap are Catching Fire and Walking with Dinosaurs. We're going to attempt to watch the 3D version of the dinosaur flick. We'll see how that goes.