What movie did you watch last night? - Page 219 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #2181 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 06:28 PM
Banned!

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Movies ordered today, used, "Escape Plan" and "Das Boot."

Tonight's movie, "The Giants vs Dodgers." A family friendly, yet serious movie which shows the pitting the two top baseball teams in the National League West as they battle for first place.

Last edited by BeeMan458; 04-15-14 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2182 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 06:42 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Mark

My System

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Really? I enjoyed it and actually plan on re watching soon.
I just didn't like the liberties that were taken with the origins. That Lois knows who he is before he does. And the end that was the now typical Hollywood big climax which is nothing more than a CGI fest of destruction. How many innocent people would have died due to that much destruction and he's bummed out that Zod died? I dunno, just rubbed me the wrong way.

Mark
post #2183 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 09:18 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
nova wrote: View Post
I just didn't like the liberties that were taken with the origins. That Lois knows who he is before he does. And the end that was the now typical Hollywood big climax which is nothing more than a CGI fest of destruction. How many innocent people would have died due to that much destruction and he's bummed out that Zod died? I dunno, just rubbed me the wrong way.
It's all good. We have our personal preferences on movies and especially ones of this genre. Superman is an iconic franchise and many have a pre determined vision of what Clark Kent should be both in print and screen. I think this newest version was way off the norm and a bit sensationalized but enjoyable nonetheless.
post #2184 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 09:56 PM
Banned!

My System

I'm running out of movies to order.

Need titles for intrigue, mystery and suspense that will meet with the wife's approval.

(we're not totally disparate as we have about sixteen movies sitting in the yet to be played drawer but as guys know, ya gotta make momma happy and her tastes need to be accommodated also)

post #2185 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 10:01 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
BeeMan458 wrote: View Post
... I'm running out of movies to order. Need titles for intrigue, mystery and suspense that will meet with the wife's approval. ... (we're not totally disparate as we have about sixteen movies sitting in the draw but as guys know, ya gotta make momma happy and her tastes need to be accommodated) ...
Sixteen unwatched movies? If so I think I'd start on them and what are they? I'd be more than happy to pick one for you to start with.
post #2186 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 11:27 PM
Banned!

My System

It's not about the number of movies in the movie queue but it is about what to do when the queue runs dry.
post #2187 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 11:38 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
It's not about the number of movies in the movie queue but it is about what to do when the queue runs dry.
??? So do you have unwatched movies in the "draw"? If so I'd like to offer suggestions.
post #2188 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 11:43 PM
Banned!

My System

Quote:
??? So do you have unwatched movies in the "draw"? If so I'd like to offer suggestions.
Yes. I have unwatched movies in the drawer and I truly appreciate the willingness to assist in making a choice. Not trying to be rude, I want to watch them all. I'm not worried about movies to watch but I am worried about what are we going do when we run out of movies to watch.
post #2189 of 4225 Old 04-15-14, 11:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Yes. I have unwatched movies in the drawer and I truly appreciate the willingness to assist in making a choice. Not trying to be rude, I want to watch them all. I'm not worried about movies to watch but I am worried about what are we going do when we run out of movies to watch.
Ok, just thought I'd give suggestions if that's what you were looking for. Enjoy your evening sir.
post #2190 of 4225 Old 04-16-14, 10:16 AM
Banned!

My System

Quote:
Ok, just thought I'd give suggestions if that's what you were looking for. Enjoy your evening sir.
Thank-you for your thoughtfulness.

This thread has been very helpful in making sure we are able to stay ahead of the game of finding affordable blu-ray content worthy of watching. I'm currently in the process of trying to ferret out movies the wife and I would like as she's into totally different genres than I so trying to find simpatico movies for the two of us does become quite the task.

Between watching baseball that has been recorded so we can skip through commercials and the purchase of used blu-ray movies on Amazon, we're pretty much able to fill our evening viewing pleasure with commercial free viewing content but due to this dependency, one becomes fearful of running out.

(pretty much, we've taken all the commercial television two oldsters can stomach in a lifetime)

Last edited by BeeMan458; 04-16-14 at 11:06 AM.