What movie did you watch last night? - Page 231 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #2301 of 4225 Old 05-06-14, 09:36 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Not a movie per say but…Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds live at Radio City. I fall in love with my system all over again at times and this is one that reconnects me with my love affair!
Amen! One of my favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2302 of 4225 Old 05-06-14, 09:52 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Amen! One of my favorites.
Have you done the Florence + The Machine Unplugged? Like Dave & Tim she takes it to another level! Check it out because it's good stuff.
post #2303 of 4225 Old 05-06-14, 11:43 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
I will do that! I caught part of a show on palladia, and enjoyed it a lot.
post #2304 of 4225 Old 05-08-14, 03:28 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
We watched Veronica Mars tonight and I thought it was pretty good. Searched far and wide for a Blu-ray version of Still Mine but no luck. Veronica Mars was a consolation pick mostly for the wife. We actually rented a movie from our local video store which we hadn't done in quite awhile. Worth a rental.
post #2305 of 4225 Old 05-08-14, 05:24 PM
Shackster

Greg

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

What with the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis set to run this Saturday (I just might be there), Turbo was on screen today. Sound and picture were both fantastic, but I thought the story went pretty slow until everybody got to Indy.

Home Theater: Onkyo TX-SR702 AVR, Infinity IL-60s & IL-36C, DefTech PF1500 sub, CSW The Surround 5.1 x 2, Draper Cineperm 92", LG PF1500, Behringer BFD, Sony BDP-S570, Pioneer Elite DV-49AV Universal player, Dish 622, Pioneer PL-3000 TT, AudioTechnica AT95E cartridge.

Stereo:Denon PMA-630 integrated amp, Technics SL-1300 turntable, Shure M97xE cartridge, Toshiba SD-4960 universal player, Infinity Overture 3 speakers, TEAC 3300 tape deck.
post #2306 of 4225 Old 05-08-14, 09:06 PM

Ron

My System

We went and watched "Brick Mansions", and "The Amazing Spiderman 2". We watched Spiderman in Dolby Atmos and it sounded great! Both movies were good movies, and I would recommend both of them. I am a Paul Walker fan so it was nice to see Brick Mansions... The movie was actually better than I expected it to be with it being pretty much an unheard of movie. I will be getting both of them when they come out on Bluray.

I finished the day off with purchasing, and watching the "Italian Job" (the one with Donald Sutherland). I hadn't seen it since I had the DVD version so it was nice to add it to my Bluray collection.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #2307 of 4225 Old 05-09-14, 12:20 AM
Banned!

My System

dbl post

Last edited by BeeMan458; 05-09-14 at 12:27 AM.
post #2308 of 4225 Old 05-09-14, 12:25 AM
Banned!

My System

The trailer for "Brick Mansions" makes the movie look like an excellent flix but it's a bit too young for my old man tastes because it's a plot line I've seen twenty-seven times before. But if I was twenty-eight or thirty-six, I'd think it was an excellent movie. It looked like it was well done with excellent parkour movements and the trailer made it seem like the movie had a really good sound track.

(i have become dependent on this thread to keep me in new movie content)

post #2309 of 4225 Old 05-10-14, 03:17 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Wife and I watched Labor Day.
post #2310 of 4225 Old 05-11-14, 03:43 PM
Banned!

My System

Been watching a boatload of Giants baseball as these guys are on a seriously brutal schedule. Ordered up two movies today: "Out of the Furnace" and "RED2".

Because of the baseball season, with the two ordered today, we have fourteen Blu-rays backed up in the viewing queue.

I'm paranoid we're going run out of quality viewing material.