What movie did you watch last night? - Page 288 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #2871 of 4224 Old 09-29-14, 02:56 PM

Ron

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

I watched the first of the LOR series of movies.

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2872 of 4224 Old 09-29-14, 03:03 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
Lulimet wrote: View Post
Yesterday I watched Citizen X. It's a movie made in '95 by HBO about the serial killer of the 80s and early 90s in the city of Rostov in Russia. It's a low budget film, but the acting and the story is amazing.
It's on Amazon Instant video for anyone interested.
Oh yes I have seen that and really enjoyed it! Definitely worth checking out. Also it is based on a true story but have not heard anything related to how accurate it is supposed to be.
post #2873 of 4224 Old 10-02-14, 10:58 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Ok. Got to watch 14 blades. I was the lucky winner! Thanks again!
I have to say, I hate subtitles. Now that that's outta the way, I really enjoyed this movie. A lot. Even laughed out loud a couple times.
The soundtrack to this movie is insane! No single digit bass drops, but every single driver(23), in my system was active almost the whole time. And the levels were high. Every sound is immediate, and up front(no matter the direction it came from). For this style of film it worked. Maybe not so much for others...I watched at MV-23. This was pretty good. Seemed louder than usual. Twice, I checked to see if dynamicEQ was on! Incidentally, I followed it up with "transformers ". (DVD) This was disappointingly in contrast to 14 blades soundtrack. I actually went up to -15 with dynamicEQ on. The whole thing seemed like it was in "night " mode. Especially after "blades ". Still love it though. For some reason,Shia lebouf has fallen from grace, but he affects me in the same dumb way Jonah Hill does. Can't
post #2874 of 4224 Old 10-04-14, 12:24 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
I just saw Evil Dead 2. Cheesy fun :-)
post #2875 of 4224 Old 10-12-14, 11:42 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
3 Days to Kill was a pretty good film.
post #2876 of 4224 Old 10-12-14, 11:15 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Brick Mansions was much better than I expected.
post #2877 of 4224 Old 10-14-14, 11:54 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Just saw Godzilla for the first time. The story for me was just ok but the LFE was awesome.
post #2878 of 4224 Old 10-15-14, 10:44 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Rented "A Single Shot" on blu-ray from Netflix. A rather dark and depressing movie with some characters that are a bit too unbelievable. My main reason for renting it is that I am a big fan of Sam Rockwell and he is very good in it but overall I think the movie is maybe slightly better than it's 50% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
post #2879 of 4224 Old 10-15-14, 05:37 PM
Senior Shackster

Dan

Coincidentally, my wife and I just watched A Single Shot and it is all that you said, typ44q--dark, depressing and worth a look.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do, asere. I haven't seen any of those movies. Oh wait, I did see Evil Dead 2 and you're right--good cheesy fun!
post #2880 of 4224 Old 10-15-14, 07:21 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
PassingInterest wrote: View Post
Coincidentally, my wife and I just watched A Single Shot and it is all that you said, typ44q--dark, depressing and worth a look.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do, asere. I haven't seen any of those movies. Oh wait, I did see Evil Dead 2 and you're right--good cheesy fun!
Planning on seeing Sleepaway Camp this weekend.