What movie did you watch last night? - Page 29 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #281 of 4225 Old 05-06-13, 09:59 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Quote:
PassingInterest wrote: View Post
My wife and I just watched The Haunting (1999) Starring Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Owen Wilson and Lili Taylor on DirecTV.

Reasonably entertaining. Impressive bass.
That is a good movie, wish it would come out on Blu-ray.

One of the best bass movies made..... Bass! How low can you go?

BeeMan458 wrote:

It's easier for you to prove I'm crazy than it is for me to prove I'm not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 4225 Old 05-07-13, 07:27 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Watched Iron Man 3 in an Atmos 3D theater last night - I have to say it was quite a disappointment. While the sound was good the movie just wasn't all that great, Iron Man 1 and The Avengers were both much better films IMO. I'd say wait for the BD.
post #283 of 4225 Old 05-07-13, 07:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
Watched Iron Man 3 in an Atmos 3D theater last night - I have to say it was quite a disappointment. While the sound was good the movie just wasn't all that great, Iron Man 1 and The Avengers were both much better films IMO. I'd say wait for the BD.
This is sad news at least I am to cheap and was waiting for the BD most likely by the time we get a sitter and eat out its crazy to go at least when it's out well have a new display to watch it on is it shootout time yet).
post #284 of 4225 Old 05-07-13, 08:15 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
I've heard it's pretty good from friends but I'll still be waiting for the Blu-ray to watch in the comforts of my home.
post #285 of 4225 Old 05-07-13, 08:16 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
We watched Django and Parker over the last couple of nights both I enjoyed
post #286 of 4225 Old 05-12-13, 05:15 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Watched Jack Reacher a couple of nights ago. I only found out about it a couple of weeks ago, and it sounded interesting. I was not disappointed -- liked it quite a bit both the story itself and the audio/video presentation. Too bad it seems like it was under the radar for a lot of people.
post #287 of 4225 Old 05-13-13, 12:25 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

well not last night but im watching the dark knight now.i just got a limited edition bluray set.

post #288 of 4225 Old 05-13-13, 12:36 PM
Senior Shackster

'Wreck it Ralph' in 3D. The movie itself, OK, the audio/video, fantastic.
post #289 of 4225 Old 05-13-13, 12:37 PM

Ron

My System

My fiance and I went to see the Great Gatsby... I fell asleep during part of it. That is the first time I have ever fell asleep during a movie in a commercial theater. It also reminded me why I watch movies at home usually instead of going to the theater. During the movie the person behind me kept kicking my seat to the beat of the music!

Ron

My Home Theater
Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360A/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (2 pr) JBL 8340As, (2 pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox One, (2) Intel NUCs, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster Signature HTPS7000, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, (2) DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diag) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Panamorph UH-480 lens, (2) Crest Audio 2208, Yamaha XM-4080 & P7000s, (2) MiniDSP DDRC-88M, Pioneer BDP-80DF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #290 of 4225 Old 05-13-13, 02:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
My fiance and I went to see the Great Gatsby... I fell asleep during part of it. That is the first time I have ever fell asleep during a movie in a commercial theater. It also reminded me why I watch movies at home usually instead of going to the theater. During the movie the person behind me kept kicking my seat to the beat of the music!
I stopped going to the theaters years ago for similar reasons. Cell phone use, seat kicking and overt gabbers. The last experience I had in a commercial theater was like yours, lady behind me was tapping my seat with her foot (though, not to any beat in the movie). I asked her politely to stop doing it and when she didn't, I told her date it was going to become his problem next. Then it stopped but no one should have to deal with that after paying to enjoy a movie.

Did the film bore you to sleep? Is it any good? Thanks.