What movie did you watch last night? - Page 30 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #291 of 4223 Old 05-13-13, 05:43 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
The dark knight rises once again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 4223 Old 05-13-13, 07:26 PM
Shackster

Ace Macleod

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

My wife and I watched Iron Man 3 in the theatre yesterday. One of the trailers was for the new Hunger Games which looks pretty good. So we came home and watched hunger games for the first time. Kathy hated the kids killing kids theme and cried about Pru but overall we enjoyed the movie. Donald Sutherland is a long way from MASH but right up there with body snatchers. I've enjoyed Wes Bently since American Beauty (yes even in ghost rider) and we finished the night with iced tea and the first halo!
post #293 of 4223 Old 05-15-13, 05:03 PM
Senior Shackster

I received my "Mastered for 4k" version of Battle: Los Angeles. I know the movie has its weaknesses, and I'm biased with it featuring the Corps, but I think it was/is at least as good as any other number of action flicks, but with a lot of great bass thrown in. I can't say I noticed any difference in regards to picture (or even audio) quality versus the previous version, but I only have a plasma and sit about 10 feet from it. The audio may have been a bit punchier, but most likely that is just placebo. Overall, a very good transfer.

Considering the price was the same as the regular BR, and it eliminates all the (annoying to me) special features/promos/commercials, the "Mastered in 4K" versions are a lot of fun to add to the collection if you are just after the film itself. I don;t see a reason to replace any BR's you may already have with these though.
post #294 of 4223 Old 05-15-13, 06:11 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
snowmanick wrote: View Post
I received my "Mastered for 4k" version of Battle: Los Angeles. I know the movie has its weaknesses, and I'm biased with it featuring the Corps, but I think it was/is at least as good as any other number of action flicks, but with a lot of great bass thrown in. I can't say I noticed any difference in regards to picture (or even audio) quality versus the previous version, but I only have a plasma and sit about 10 feet from it. The audio may have been a bit punchier, but most likely that is just placebo. Overall, a very good transfer.

Considering the price was the same as the regular BR, and it eliminates all the (annoying to me) special features/promos/commercials, the "Mastered in 4K" versions are a lot of fun to add to the collection if you are just after the film itself. I don;t see a reason to replace any BR's you may already have with these though.
Good info. Thanks for sharing!
post #295 of 4223 Old 05-15-13, 07:25 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
asere wrote: View Post

Good info. Thanks for sharing!
Sounds awesome I don't use all that stuff and want to watch the movie!
post #296 of 4223 Old 05-15-13, 07:28 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Les Miserables bought it for the wife for mother's day
post #297 of 4223 Old 05-16-13, 08:37 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Not feeling well so I laid down and watched two - Fellowship of the Ring and War of the Worlds. It was actually the first time I have seen WOTW - that is some serious LFE!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #298 of 4223 Old 05-16-13, 01:22 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Not feeling well so I laid down and watched two - Fellowship of the Ring and War of the Worlds. It was actually the first time I have seen WOTW - that is some serious LFE!
Was WOTW bluray?
post #299 of 4223 Old 05-16-13, 02:43 PM
Shackster

John

My System

Not last night, but this weekend (weekends are the only time I can watch movies). I have added some classics to my Netflix que. This weekend I'll be starting with The Man Who Would Be King. In the following weeks:
Once Upon A Time In The West
The Maltese Falcon
Where Eagles Dare
My Man Godfrey
River Of No Return
The Flight Of The Phoenix
The Awful Truth
post #300 of 4223 Old 05-16-13, 03:06 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
Was WOTW bluray?
Yes - I picked it up from Pawn America for $8....