What movie did you watch last night? - Page 321 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #3201 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 11:23 AM
Senior Shackster

Muad' Dib

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Yesterday I went and saw Jupiter Ascending at my local cinema.

I had really wanted to like this movie and was kinda hype from
the trailers. I like the Wachowski "siblings" version of Cloud Atlas
and was looking for something new.

I wont spoil the film but suffice it to say I didn't like it. Besides
visuals and sound, there was nothing there. It deserved it's 2/10
on rotten tomatoes

"Fear is the mind killer..."

-- Paul Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3202 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 03:30 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
We watched Mr.Peabody and Sherman the kids really seemed to enjoy it.
post #3203 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 08:18 PM
Shackster

My System

Here is another movie you might want to watch that will give your subs and home theater system a work out. My 3 PSA subs loved handling the LFE in this movie and I must say I had never seen my grilles on my XS30 bubble out so much.

Warning...This movie has floor and wall shaking sound effects so You may want to have your volume adjusted a little lower when it first begins and then adjust up to what you system can handle. Ha

I will certainly buy the Blu-ray when the price comes down a little.

I'm from Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.
post #3204 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 08:24 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Quote:
Crazykat wrote: View Post
Here is another movie you might want to watch that will give your subs and home theater system a work out. My 3 PSA subs loved handling the LFE in this movie and I must say I had never seen my grilles on my XS30 bubble out so much.

Warning...This movie has floor and wall shaking sound effects so You may want to have your volume adjusted a little lower when it first begins and then adjust up to what you system can handle. Ha

YA try the opening 1 minute of LIVE DIE REPEAT : EDGE OF TOMORROW ... you've been warned...

AVR - PIONEER SC 35 w PANGEA AC9 CORD
AC FILT - PANAMAX M5400
DISPLAY - PANASONIC TC-P54G10 54in 1080p PLASMA
MAINS + SURROUND - DIY w DAYTON PT2C-8 PLANAR MID/HIGHS + DAYTON 6.5 MIDBASS -
SUBS - (2) DAYTON 15" ULTIMAX
SUB AMP - ACURUS A250
HTPC - WIN7 ULT,INTEL I7 860,CORSAIR 800D,CORSAIR HX1000, 16 GIG CORSAIR,EVGA P55 MB, ATI 5970 VIDEO, ASUS HDAV DELUXE 1.3 w BURSON DISCREET OPAMPS,PIONEER BDRW, 3WARE 9650 w 4x CRUCIAL 64gb SSD's in RAID 0
post #3205 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 08:41 PM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
RTS100x5 wrote: View Post
YA try the opening 1 minute of LIVE DIE REPEAT : EDGE OF TOMORROW ... you've been warned...
I have watched it and I had my sound set up when it started, thought I was going to break some windows before I could turn it down.

I'm from Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.
post #3206 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 09:32 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
RTS100x5 wrote: View Post
I got the warning beforehand and played that about 6 times, each time at a louder volume. Never seen the cones on my SI 24" subs move so much

BeeMan458 wrote:

It's easier for you to prove I'm crazy than it is for me to prove I'm not.
post #3207 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 09:37 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
Crazykat wrote: View Post

The bass on this was surprising, fun soundtrack and an interesting movie. Not a repeat viewing for me but it would be nice to have the disc to demo the subs every now and then.

BeeMan458 wrote:

It's easier for you to prove I'm crazy than it is for me to prove I'm not.
post #3208 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 09:42 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post

The bass on this was surprising, fun soundtrack and an interesting movie. Not a repeat viewing for me but it would be nice to have the disc to demo the subs every now and then.
Glad to know the bass is good. I shall rent this one.
post #3209 of 4220 Old 02-17-15, 09:56 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Of recent I have watched a few movies...they include:

The Timber: A story about two brother who go out into the wilderness to hunt down their estranged father, who left when they were young, in an attempt to turn him in for a reward to keep their family home which is about to be taken from them by the bank.

John Doe Vigilante : Ok, movie. A movie based on how one citizen decides to take justice upon his own hands as the justice system is failing society.

The Dark Valley: Interesting foreign film, about a village hidden in the mountains. The family that rules the town with a ruthless hand and the retribution that comes to lay on them from the one that got away. I really enjoyed this film.

The Little Death: Not a movie for non-adults. About Adult desires in a relationship (in intimate ways). And what they will do to achieve them.

Wild Card: Jason Statham, need I say more. Action movie, fun and enjoyable.

St. Vincent:Comical at times, an enjoyable movie about a relationship between a young neighbor boy and an elderly disgruntled neighbor resulting in a understanding of each other and the struggles of life.

Laggies: A mix between a young girls coming to age and a young adult finding herself and what she wants in life, mainly what relationship.

Foxcatcher: An interesting movie, yet not that fun or exciting to watch. I will say that the Team Coach is a strange character. Good acting to play the character.

Dying of the Light: A Nicholas Cage movie about a CIA agent bent on catching the one that got away, at all costs. Enjoyable movie, leans more on the plot than a high action film.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #3210 of 4220 Old 02-20-15, 03:43 PM
Shackster

matt

My System
Thumbs up Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Started watching Studio Ghibli's latest, 'The Tale of the Princess Kaguya' last nite. Traditional hand-drawn animation serves this affecting story perfectly, and is a refreshing departure from the current CGI-laden fare out there. Watching it in the original japanese audio track, which is always preferable with foreign language titles. In any case, the film certainly deserves its universal acclaim -- nominated for 'Best Animated Feature Film' in this Sunday's Oscars, and a 100% score on R/T's !

Last edited by ambientcafe; 02-20-15 at 04:20 PM.