What movie did you watch last night? - Page 388 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #3871 of 4225 Old 01-18-16, 12:57 AM
Senior Shackster

My System
Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Avatar: The Last Airbender, the animated series. Though not all in one night... that would be insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 4225 Old 01-20-16, 08:37 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Watched Everest, Straight out of Compton, and The Visit. We really enjoyed the first two and The Visit was just ok. I did enjoy the twist at the end of The Visit and also found it funny in parts.
post #3873 of 4225 Old 01-20-16, 10:43 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
Watched Everest, Straight out of Compton, and The Visit. We really enjoyed the first two and The Visit was just ok. I did enjoy the twist at the end of The Visit and also found it funny in parts.
I liked the twist also. It was creepy too in certain scenes like the one with the grandma going crazy in the nude.
post #3874 of 4225 Old 01-20-16, 11:00 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
asere wrote: View Post
I liked the twist also. It was creepy too in certain scenes like the one with the grandma going crazy in the nude.
That was VERY creepy!
post #3875 of 4225 Old 01-20-16, 11:48 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

We watched Chicago a couple nights ago. It was a pretty fun musical. The soundtrack was very dynamic for all the musical numbers. If you're into musicals this one is worth a spin.
post #3876 of 4225 Old 01-22-16, 12:49 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

We watched Star Wars IV last night - first time our kids have seen it. Made me realize how much sci-fi movies have changed over the years. Still, it's a fun show. What I was most surprised by, though, was the sound. Compared to today's standards, it was simply awful. Surround effects weren't very good, but most of all the dialogue was all over the map. Sometimes too soft and a bit muffled, other times fairly clear and good. And I was amazed at how many overdubs there were and that they were very clearly recorded in very different spaces with no attempt to match them, even within the same scene.

They don't make them like they used to, and in the audio and video department that's largely a good thing!
post #3877 of 4225 Old 01-26-16, 01:09 PM
Senior Shackster
Bryan

Last night was Star Wars V. Really enjoying revisiting these shows that I have not seen for at least ten years. The sound on this one is much improved overall versus Episode IV. Much more consistent throughout, and surprisingly good considering its age. Frankly I'm amazed how much better-sounding V is versus IV.

Also over the weekend we watched Testament of Youth. It's a very engaging and inspirational true story that was quite well done IMO, but also very sad. Recommended, but not if you're looking for a pick-me-up show.
post #3878 of 4225 Old 01-27-16, 10:03 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Rented "Big Eyes" on bluray from Netflix. Overall enjoyable movie based on a true story and directed by Tim Burton with solid performances by Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams
post #3879 of 4225 Old 01-27-16, 04:20 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
We watched Cast Away Space version 2.0.. The Martian and really enjoyed it a lot
post #3880 of 4225 Old 01-29-16, 10:59 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Went to the theaters to see "The Revenant" Solid revenge movie with amazing cinematography. This movie is a bit tough to watch at times because of how brutal it is but I enjoyed every bit of it.