What movie did you watch last night? - Page 59 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #581 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 10:51 AM
Senior Shackster

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Watched Blitz and Soloman Kane last night. Always like a good Jason Statham movie. Soloman Kane is excellent for the bombastic audio track. Lots of explosions and sword fights. The first five minutes grabs you and won't let go until the end credits roll. I can hardly wait to get the Blu-ray just released yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 10:56 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
ericzim wrote: View Post
Watched Blitz and Soloman Kane last night. Always like a good Jason Statham movie. Soloman Kane is excellent for the bombastic audio track. Lots of explosions and sword fights. The first five minutes grabs you and won't let go until the end credits roll. I can hardly wait to get the Blu-ray just released yesterday.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Solomon Kane. I saw a copy two years ago when it came out in Europe and have been waiting patiently for a Region A. Release. and now it's finally here
post #583 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 11:41 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Watched the Bourne trilogy and then Legacy (for the first time) over the last couple days. I love the original Bourne movies, but I thought Legacy was just not quite as good - and I REALLY did not care for the ending.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #584 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 01:22 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Rented "Killling Them Softly" from Netflix on blu-ray. Very stylish hit-man mobster movie with one of the more disturbing fight/ beatings I have seen on film.
I enjoyed the movie but wanted it to be better, I feel like they had this amazingly talented cast and it was somewhat wasted. Probably not for everyone but worth checking out.
post #585 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 01:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Watched the Bourne trilogy and then Legacy (for the first time) over the last couple days. I love the original Bourne movies, but I thought Legacy was just not quite as good - and I REALLY did not care for the ending.
Sorry to hear you didn't care for Legacy, I was hoping for a trilogy based on the Legacy experiment to tighten up a few loose ends. What part of the ending didn't you like?
post #586 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 01:28 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Solomon Kane. I saw a copy two years ago when it came out in Europe and have been waiting patiently for a Region A. Release. and now it's finally here
Soloman Kane, one of many favorites in the genre. Constantine is another one that I liked.
post #587 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 01:53 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

i watched Splice last night ive seen it before.just a random pick from the bluray collection.
post #588 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 02:23 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
pharoah wrote: View Post
i watched Splice last night ive seen it before.just a random pick from the bluray collection.
I like those mutant movies, have you seen Splinter?
post #589 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 03:51 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Just watched Evil Dead and loved it! One of the more gruesome movies that I've ever seen. My wife and I were both doing the look through the fingers routine throughout. Think Saw and Hostel for the mental picture of gore in this one.
post #590 of 4220 Old 07-17-13, 06:24 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Watched Warrior last night seen it before but I've been on a Tom Hardy kick lately, Inception and Dark Knight Rises on deck