What movie did you watch last night? - Page 92 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

35Likes

post #911 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 10:31 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Re: What movie did you watch last night?

Quote:
snowmanick wrote: View Post
My wife and I watched Mud last night. Very good story line, solid pacing, and when the action scene kicks in at the end, great dynamics. The last part really took me by surprise as this is an almost entirely dialogue driven film, then...bam!
Just got BD. looking forward to it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #912 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 10:32 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Quote:
gorb wrote: View Post
I don't have the skynet edition, but I can't stand overly complicated intros/menus. Just let me select my audio/subtitles, and get on with the film. Having to sit through that stuff (or previews of old movies) is infuriating. I also can't stand the piracy warnings and copyright notices. Only people who actually bought the movies have to sit and watch those :/
I can live with the piracy/copyright, but anything else is just annoying, especially when they disable Next button. Don't the muppets realize there's a FFwd?
post #913 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 10:50 AM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
lol. Man, "memento" is an awesome movie. I suspect if you watch it over a second time, it will make more sense. Just a great movie. I still enjoy watching it!
Yes! Memento is one of those movies that really needs to be watched at least two times. The second viewing, after you know what is going on really allows you to pick up on so many details that were probably missed the first time around.
post #914 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 10:57 AM
Senior Shackster
Mark Anderson

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
Yes! Memento is one of those movies that really needs to be watched at least two times. The second viewing, after you know what is going on really allows you to pick up on so many details that were probably missed the first time around.
+1

I think that's true for many/most movies.

My wife doesn't get that I watch a movie more than once. All she says is: "but you know the ending"

She doesn't get that there's so much more than finding out the ending. She'll listen to the same song more than once. That's involves one sense. A movie obviously has audio and video so why not enjoy both more than once if you like the movie? I have a few movies I've seen 10+ times and I still notice subtleties I never saw before.

I really don't understand the entire "I've seen it" mentality, especially from music lovers
post #915 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 12:41 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

watched nothing last night.im watching awake now.i think its gonna be cool.
post #916 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 01:22 PM
HTS Reviewer

Quote:
tripplej wrote: View Post
Earlier today, we watched "Memento". No matter how many times I see this movie, it is always a surprise to me. Just an amazing movie! Highly recommended.
I was just talking about this with a friend. I need to see it again as it's been a while for me. I love the ones that leave you thinking beyond the end of the movie.

I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. It was entertaining, though silly at times but I definitely enjoyed it. Good sound and picture quality too.
post #917 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 02:27 PM
Elite Shackster

Yeah, "Memento" is a thinking movie. You really have to concentrate on this movie, scene by scene. One small skip from the screen and you miss a critical part that will come back later.

I give it to the director. Just an impressive movie!
post #918 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 02:48 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

The other night I watched Trance which was recently released on BR but I had not heard of previously. It’s a really entertaining thriller by Danny Boyle. I would highly recommend it although there is some very R rated content.
post #919 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 03:00 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
I recommend Irreversible with Monica Bellucci. The opening part of the film is the end and the end is the beginning.
post #920 of 4225 Old 08-26-13, 08:15 PM
Senior Shackster

Ray

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to cavchameleon

We watched Olympus Has Fallen - highly recommended. There is a LOT of action, good plot, and pretty strong bass. We all enjoyed it.

Ray

Happy Listening!!! Listen with an open mind and heart!!!