True Detective - New HBO show - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 25 Old 01-14-14, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System
True Detective - New HBO show

Quote:
The lives of two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart, become entangled during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana.
Starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson

Series premiere was Sunday night. Anyone else catch it? I thought it was an excellent opener!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-14-14, 10:18 AM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: True Detective - New HBO show

Missed it - and the trailer for S4 for GoT. How was Woody's acting? He was probably the reason it was not higher up on my radar...

post #3 of 25 Old 01-14-14, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Woody is good. McConaughey is excellent!

post #4 of 25 Old 01-14-14, 06:20 PM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

Both Woody & McConaughey are excellent. This should be a great series

Mains Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Amps - Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5
Processor -Marantz AV7703 Preamp
Projector - Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave. Aspect ratio 2.35 gain 1.2 fixed screen
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D
post #5 of 25 Old 01-14-14, 07:52 PM
Senior Shackster

Ryan

My wife and I liked the pilot a lot. It's nice and dark. I already can't wait for the next episode. I like that each season will feature a new story with new actors and actresses.
post #6 of 25 Old 01-23-14, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

They're really delving into those detective's lives. Especially McConaughey's character. It seems obvious that they consider him a suspect.

I hope it picks up speed in the end cause it's moving a bit slow for me right now.

post #7 of 25 Old 01-23-14, 12:45 PM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

Yuppers -I 'm enjoying it and I find myself saying WOODY"s the ONE -no no no MATTHEWs the ONE...no no no ...what is going to happen!? The MAIN reason I'm recording and looking forward to this is that it's finite - it's not going to be an on-going series so no worries that we won't have an ending (Carnivale anyone?)

post #8 of 25 Old 01-23-14, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Well it is an on-going series from what I understood. It'll just have a new cast and locale each season. But I do get what you say when you call it finite. There will be no season ending cliff hangers.

post #9 of 25 Old 01-24-14, 02:23 PM
HTS Moderator
doug

My System

This is a great series so far. I really enjoy the characters and have had to catch both episodes on On Demand, which I prefer since following the episode the writers/directors talk about what is happening with the characters and what they have done to create them. Quite a bit of character building right now, but I can see the wheels getting ready to fall off in an episode or two.
post #10 of 25 Old 02-26-14, 03:19 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

My System

Just found this thread and am hoping that everyone is still watching it. I just have to say that I love everything about this show, McConaughey is excellent and that 6 minute long single take tracking shot at the end of episode 4 just blew me away.