Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Almost Human

Tags
fox human show tv
2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  phillihp23 
#1 · (Edited)
Almost Human (Spoiler Alert)

I just got done watching the premiere...

I thought it looks like it might be a pretty good series. Anyone else watch it? What do you think?

#2 ·
It's definitely an intense start to a new show amongst other great shows this fall! I remembered and liked Michael Ealy from Sleeper Cell (another great series). Karl Urban is good too but feels too close to Dredd in a way but that's probably just the gritty atmosphere and futuristic cop motifs. The special effects were a little lacking but this is network TV not a movie. I however was very surprised at the use of surround sound, that aspect of it felt very movie like IMO.

#4 ·
I rarely watch any television shows, but this one looks great (Karl Urban is a cool dude too). I didn't catch the first episode, but I did happen to see the second one when I was visiting my grandparents last night. I'll have to try and watch the first one online or something.

#6 ·
So far it looks pretty entertaining. I like the interaction between the star and the android, It puts a little comic relief into what could have been just another futuristic cop show. :T

#7 ·
I am going to watch the second episode today... I am hoping this turns out to be a keeper.

#8 ·
If it keeps going like it has so far... I will continue to watch it!

#10 ·
My wife and I are liking it more than we did in the beginning.

#11 ·
Almost Human Fox TV Show

Been watching this new show that started this past November. The show airs Mondays 8/7 central on Fox.The premise is a future earth overrun with crime and corruption. Earth has become a technological haven. The only way to combat the growing crime is by using implementing robots into the police force. Each human officer is paired with a android officer. The main character has a tragedy on the job which also ties into a personal relationship. This all leads to his difficulty dealing with the android officers. As it turns out he ends up with a partner which is android but an old throwback, programmed to have human like emotions. This android model was discontinued due to there perceived erratic behavior. The show rolls out in a typical law enforcement / police show style with a secondary story line of the relationship between Officer and Android.

Over all the show deals with a futuristic world, with crimes involving sophisticated technology.

#12 ·
Re: Almost Human Fox TV Show

The show has not disappointed my wife and I yet.

#14 ·
I was looking forward to another season... Maybe it will be picked up by another cable channels or something like that.

#16 ·
I think what messed up the ratings was the networks doing what appeared to be 1/2 season shows this year. I don't recall ever seeing shows start mid season, and see shows end mid season before. I think it is much better when all the shows start within a week or two of each other.

#18 ·
Gonna miss it, it was a unique show. Something different to watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.